• Register Today It's free!

Future 2011 Ex owner!

gabella

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
I placed an order for an '11 Limited today in Bordeaux Red. I'm super excited to be a part of the Ex family again. Had a '95 until '03.

It's going to be a long 8-10 weeks!

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this forum. It helped my shopping!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new Ex! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Forum! I've got an '11 XLT in Bordeaux Red that's due to arrive any day now.

Fun! Please post pics when you get it. Did you get the stone or black interior? Did you also have a long wait?

I'm second-guessing my color decisions tonight. I sort of like the pecan inserts, but I don't want the white b/c it's proving to be very popular (rightfully so!), I don't want black b/c it's too hard to keep clean, I'm not a fan of the bronze, and my DH doesn't like the Kona Blue. So, that leaves me with gray and I've had a very similar colored car for the past eight years and am looking for a change. So, I hope that Bordeaux with black is the right way to go.

I placed an order for an '11 Limited today in Bordeaux Red. I'm super excited to be a part of the Ex family again. Had a '95 until '03.
It's going to be a long 8-10 weeks!
Thanks to everyone who has posted in this forum. It helped my shopping!
:wavey:Welcome to the forum. I ordered my Limited on Dec. 20th and am still waiting for a 'build date'. Ordered White with Medium Light Stone interior. In the past 10 years I've had a silver, a gold and now another silver Highlander so after some thinking I decided to go with the white. Initially was going to go with the gold leaf.

I too ordered a bordeaux red limited with black interior, back on Jan 13th. No word yet on any build date or anything. We saw a taurus there in the same color and really liked it, time to get away from the white/black/silver cars we've had. Got 301A, plus the bucket seats, tow package, and polished wheels. Struggled with the sunroof option, in the end decided it wasn't worth the 1600 as we have one in our outlook and end up with the sunshades closed 90% of the time anyways.

I'm now re-considering the moon roof against the AWD (I have FWD at the moment). It'll be one or the other as I can't have it all. Darn it! Interesting observation about the shades being drawn. Do you feel it helps make the back part of the cabin less claustrophobic? Or it doesn't matter?

I've only had FWD cars and have had no problems with them. We never use the AWD on the MDX, but it appears the AWD on the Ex is far better than other systems. Or, so I need to determine in the next day.

I got the 302A and the tow package as well. Decided to stick with the stock wheels. But, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I get X-plan, so that helps. But, it's not A-plan!

Thanks for your comments.

welcome and be sure to post pics of it when u get it

I'm now re-considering the moon roof against the AWD (I have FWD at the moment). It'll be one or the other as I can't have it all. Darn it! Interesting observation about the shades being drawn. Do you feel it helps make the back part of the cabin less claustrophobic? Or it doesn't matter?

I've only had FWD cars and have had no problems with them. We never use the AWD on the MDX, but it appears the AWD on the Ex is far better than other systems. Or, so I need to determine in the next day.

I got the 302A and the tow package as well. Decided to stick with the stock wheels. But, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I get X-plan, so that helps. But, it's not A-plan!

Thanks for your comments.

We mostly kept the shades closed all the time becasue that New Mexico sun can heat things up pretty quick. It's just one of those things that sounds nice to have, but is rarely used and doesn't add much value. However, I would definitely get the 4wd model, it's alot more bang for the buck, could come in useful someday, and will absolutely add to resale.

Fun! Please post pics when you get it. Did you get the stone or black interior? Did you also have a long wait?

I'm second-guessing my color decisions tonight. I sort of like the pecan inserts, but I don't want the white b/c it's proving to be very popular (rightfully so!), I don't want black b/c it's too hard to keep clean, I'm not a fan of the bronze, and my DH doesn't like the Kona Blue. So, that leaves me with gray and I've had a very similar colored car for the past eight years and am looking for a change. So, I hope that Bordeaux with black is the right way to go.

Kona is too much like black on scratches and dirt, which would make me go black instead. No white for me, no gold or silver either. Bordeaux is very nice looking, just not me.

I sprung for the red candy to go with the black leather :) Valentines day build date...it must be fate.

We ordered an XLT - Bordeaux Red with light stone interior. Saw it on a taurus and liked the combination.We picked a moonroof over 4WD. The salesman said FWD has extremely
successful on the Edge and Flex and that you hardly ever use 4WD.Those that want to call the new X a Flexplorer go ahead . it is still an awesome vehicle and the test ride
was fantastic.

We ordered an XLT - Bordeaux Red with light stone interior. Saw it on a taurus and liked the combination.We picked a moonroof over 4WD. The salesman said FWD has extremely
successful on the Edge and Flex and that you hardly ever use 4WD.Those that want to call the new X a Flexplorer go ahead . it is still an awesome vehicle and the test ride
was fantastic.

Thanks. I'm in your neck of the woods, so this is what I needed to hear. Again.

I'm going to be sad to see my current vehicle go. She's been good to me. But, I am super excited the new Ex. I'd been looking at new 3-row vehicles since September and just couldn't get excited about any of them. Until I saw the new Ex.

Back