FX-R Stage III Retrofit Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FX-R Stage III Retrofit Kit

Bought this kit way back when, hoping todo a retrofit on my X. Plans changed, and I didnt really want to tackle the project, as I figured out how to aim my current projector housings finally.

Details:
FX-R Stage III Kit
50w D2S Ballasts (Morrimoto 5Five)
Morrimoto 6000k Bulbs
E46R Shrouds
CCFL Halos (One is actually broke out of the package, so I just emailed TRS about a possible replacement, or buying a replacement, so dont worry about that)

More Info:
I started trimming one of the shrouds to fit in the Explorer housing, along with trimming some of the excess mounting points off one of the projectors. If your buying these for a 2nd gen Explorer, this is what will need to be done anyways, otherwise, a replacement shroud (If you select "Value" is only $15)

The kit has been tested, that is all. Both ballasts/bulbs work flawlessly, and the cutoff functions perfect in the bowls. Thats all, and then it was put right back in the box. (The cutoff, is how they're also "high beams," when you turn your brights on, the cutoff lifts up a little, letting the light shine higher and farther.

If you work on it a few hours a day, it wouldnt take you long at all todo the full retrofit. The longest would be finishing trimming and/or painting the shrouds. (I was going to paint them bodycolor).

The kit with these options sells for $345
Ill sell it for $300 flat. If paying with PayPal, add 2.9% for the "accepting fee."

Not pressed to sell, nor do I "need" to sell, but I wont be putting these in my Explorer due to selling it, and the replacement vehicle already has bi-xenon projectors and HIDs installed. No trades.

Thanks for looking!

1fdad95d.jpg

You can see in this pic, the top mounting "hole" has been filed down a bit
a6d65d66.jpg

Full wiring harness
5ef4c1b5.jpg

e87df0ab.jpg

Ballasts
9586d31a.jpg

18946690.jpg

D2S Bulbs
e178d17c.jpg

Alcohol wipes for the lenses (and/or bulbs?), shroud centric rings, and Bi-Xenon decals for the shrouds
81a69afa.jpg

You can see the left one trimmed up top. Its not done, and still didnt fit, so it still needs more trimming/sanding. Both look brand new besides that cut.
86321079.jpg

Best offer, need these gone. Please no lowballing.

Back