FX4 TT's 2014 Explorer Sport Build - Project Whitemare | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FX4 TT's 2014 Explorer Sport Build - Project Whitemare

FX4 TT

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
What's up everyone!

I just picked up a White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic 2014 Explorer Sport for my wife. This is replacing her Green Gem 2013 Explorer Limited we've had for about a year.

When I got the '13, the Sports were currently being built. My wife wouldn't wait a few months for a custom order on a Sport, and was satisfied (at the time) with the Green Gem Limited 4x4 that was fully loaded on the showroom floor. It was a great ride, but I always knew I had wanted the Sport and jumped at a great opportunity to make the trade.

I'm looking forward to learning from you guys here, as I've already gotten a lot of inspiration in such a short period of time here.

Fresh off the Truck: 10/3/13 - Delivery Day!

20131003_113326.jpg

20131003_113320.jpg

20131003_113310.jpg

20131003_113306.jpg

20131003_113832.jpg

20131003_113824.jpg

First Day at Home:

IMG_20131005_213634.jpg

IMG_20131005_213815.jpg

Other Rides:

file.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-8.jpg

f58b9bc1.jpg

83fc4b06.jpg

ff64ea7e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice! Can't waiy for mine to arrive. What part of the bay area are you from? I ordered mine at Serramonte Ford

I just picked up a White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat 2014 Explorer Sport for my wife. This is replacing her Green Gem 2013 Explorer Limited we've had for about a year.

When I got the '13, the Sports were currently being built. My wife couldn't wait a few months for a custom order, and wanted the Green Gem fully loaded Limited off of the showroom floor.

I have my FX4 Ecoboost that I absolutely love. This is why I knew I wanted the Sport. I really believe in the 3.5L Ecoboost platform. I can't wait to dive into this one!

I already got the Ford Cargo cover for her, and an appointment for Window tint.

Immediate plans are to black out the door handles, get a tune (Livernois is top of my list), and wait for a downpipe to be released.
Welcome to the Forum FX4 TT.:wavey:
What kind of wheels are on that Sport? I don't think I've seen those before.
I see the front plate shows San Jose. Is that where you're from? My sister and her family live there.
Nice looking vehicles. Enjoy, and happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Those are the shipping discs to protect the wheels. ;) Gotta love it when you can access the vehicle unprepped. I did the same so I could do my own detailing routine with Zaino and avoid harsh cleansers.

Darren

Very nice! Can't waiy for mine to arrive. What part of the bay area are you from? I ordered mine at Serramonte Ford

I'm from Newark. I'm a Sales Manager at Capitol Expressway Ford. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

Welcome to the Forum FX4 TT.:wavey:
What kind of wheels are on that Sport? I don't think I've seen those before.
I see the front plate shows San Jose. Is that where you're from? My sister and her family live there.
Nice looking vehicles. Enjoy, and happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

These are the stock wheels on the Sport.

Thanks man! I've had a nice list of vehicles over the past few years. I sold my 730rwhp 2011 Mustang for my truck last year. I love Ford!

Those are the shipping discs to protect the wheels. ;) Gotta love it when you can access the vehicle unprepped. I did the same so I could do my own detailing routine with Zaino and avoid harsh cleansers.

Darren

Oh yeah! I had one other one in contract, but when it showed up, it had electrical gremlins. This one came the next day, and I swapped the order. Really love mine!

Gotta love Zaino!

Nice pair of ecoboosts!

Appreciate it!

I had a 5.0 Mustang, and loved the Coyote, but I really enjoy the 3.5L Ecoboost!

I'm so damn stoked about this Explorer! I'm trying to come up with a Project name for it, as White Power just won't cut it.

I'm considering the following but will also take suggestions:

Ashy Larry
White Out
White Lightning
White Mare

In addition, I also wanted to link a few mods I plan to do for my own future reference:

Full Black Ford Emblem - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389175

Hood Vinyl - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391952

Reverse Light Upgrade - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386235

BMC Bumper Cover - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347082

Shark Fin - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381418

Ours is named "Honey Badger".....it's black and white just like the animal, and honey badger don't care, honey badger don't give a $hit! LOL

A badazz SUV with twin turbo's that don't care it's a heavy SUV...honey badger don't care! lol

Project 'White Hot' gets my vote.

Darren

We have the same ride - nice choice :)

Ours is named "Honey Badger".....it's black and white just like the animal, and honey badger don't care, honey badger don't give a $hit! LOL

A badazz SUV with twin turbo's that don't care it's a heavy SUV...honey badger don't care! lol

I'd love to go with the Honey Badger theme, but I just don't think it'll appeal to my wife. I ran it by her, and she had no idea what a Honey Badger was, let alone that it doesn't give a ****!

She likes White Knight as of right now.

Project 'White Hot' gets my vote.

Darren

Very good! I like this one too!

We have the same ride - nice choice :)

Indeed! Cheers! :salute:

Congrats! Maybe I'll see you around, I'm in Santa Clara and you don't see Sports out here too often. If you see a black on black Sport, honk :chug:

Nice Ride. I'm not sure I've seen any Sports in the bay area actually. I'm on the lookout now! I see the interceptor all the time though as Emeryville PD has quite a few!

Now there's two white explorer sports in Newark!

Nice! Maybe we could set up a photo shoot over by Coyote Hills...
I just ordered my black emblems on Ebay from downatthebuilding. They shipped already and should be here on the 21st. 9" and 7" emblems.

Next Tuesday I have my appointment for my window tint and headlight tinting.

Congrats! Maybe I'll see you around, I'm in Santa Clara and you don't see Sports out here too often. If you see a black on black Sport, honk :chug:

I will honk when I see you! I just sold a Black Explorer Sport on Monday to some great customers of mine out of Santa Cruz!

Nice Ride. I'm not sure I've seen any Sports in the bay area actually. I'm on the lookout now! I see the interceptor all the time though as Emeryville PD has quite a few!

I have a Police Interceptor right now on my lot. There are quite a few Sports actually that I've seen.

I've seen a black Sport that looks like it's on Air Ride suspension.

You will see a ton of Interceptor utilities soon as CHP is rolling out over 1400 of them.. 25 just landed in Contra Costa

And I assume you will eventually see me in my Blk on Blk sport at some point.

But my dealer told me he may have sold 6 of them total so far.. as they are actually limited production ... of which maybe 2 of the 6 were black..

Just think sooner or later the new headlight pattern for the CHP will be the Sport / explorer HL pattern and people will actually move out of the way...

I just received my black emblems from eBay and I'm in the middle of getting the windows tinted.

I have officially named the truck as well:

Project Whitemare

collage_20131022124738298.jpg

InstaSize.png

Before Turn Signal Tint:

IMG_20131022_105824.jpg

After Turn Signal Tint:

IMG_20131022_114406.jpg

20131022_124510.jpg

Before and After License Plate Removal:

collage_20131022145331153.jpg

Professional Detail (Wash, Clay, Wash, Wax, Seal):

collage_20131022144402760.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice, i'd be afraid to wax new paint so soon. It can be disastrous depending on the age and type of paint.

Back