FYI: A/C Delete Belt Length: 83"

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
I have been working on my X for a while now, and I deleted the A/C compressor, and modified the Firewall box accordingly.

I modified the A/C & PowerSteering Accessory Bracket to completely delete any trace of it..

The Factory Belt length is 94 inches....

With EVERYTHING else staying as it is, the Belt length drops to 83".

Just thought this would be useful info for someone, someday. I know I would have liked to have this info, before I measured it myself...and then subtracted for tension. (It measures EXACTLY 83.5" with the tensioner pulley at rest)

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What engine is this for... ? im thinking of doing this on my 99 5.0.

I have been working on my X for a while now, and I deleted the A/C compressor, and modified the Firewall box accordingly.

I modified the A/C & PowerSteering Accessory Bracket to completely delete any trace of it..

The Factory Belt length is 94 inches....

With EVERYTHING else staying as it is, the Belt length drops to 83".

Jus
t thought this would be useful info for someone, someday. I know I would have liked to have this info, before I measured it myself...and then subtracted for tension. (It measures EXACTLY 83.5" with the tensioner pulley at rest)

Ryan

5.0L

Ryan

I read that thread, and that's why I measured the routing myself....and I came up with 83.5, with zero tension.

Obviously 83.5" works, as found in the thread, but I installed a 83" belt. Shorter belt = better. More tension on the belt = better.

Either belt will work. And if the parts store is out of stock on one size, you could use the other.

Ryan

I read that thread, and that's why I measured the routing myself....and I came up with 83.5, with zero tension.

Obviously 83.5" works, as found in the thread, but I installed a 83" belt. Shorter belt = better. More tension on the belt = better.

Either belt will work. And if the parts store is out of stock on one size, you could use the other.

Ryan

i am also deleting my a/c and all it's components. im curious to see the heater box and how you modified it. pics??

Back