FYI-bad rotor looks like, umm...this! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FYI-bad rotor looks like, umm...this!

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Lake, NE...Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
well, finally did my brakes tonight...this was my front left rotor...its funny because it never realy gave me any problems. I knew they were worn, but I wouldve have expected some screaching and grinding with it looking this bad. Yes, that shiny lip at the bottom is how big the rotor used to be.

14569rotor2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its amazing how often i see that from explorers at work. Often worn right down to the vents.

and yes, the brake pad on that side of the rotor was about a 1/4" of metal. I think I threw it away already, let me see if I can find it to take a pic.

check out this rotor....

PB210045.jpg

ahahahaha

holy crap! and you thought yours were bad michael!! i have one that has a groove in it that i need to replace soon too.

on a side note yet brake related... on my way home from work yesterday a VERY loud bang occured everytime i touched the brake pedal and you could feel the hit too. seeing as that i live 2 miles from work i continued home and took off the front tire to look. one of the bolts that holds the caliper bracket to the spindle was GONE! compeltely gone. so the whole freakin caliper assembly was falling back and when it grabbed as i tapped the brake, it would slam itself forward against the spindle. ouch!! of course i'm gonna have to get that bolt from ford because i can't find a match and my truck is on jackstands yet again. doh!!!

chris c-- is that one of yours??? holy cow! that had to feel horrible on the brakes. how did the pads not fall out of there? i guess mine wasnt so bad after all!

Originally posted by burnin_up
chris c-- is that one of yours??? holy cow! that had to feel horrible on the brakes. how did the pads not fall out of there? i guess mine wasnt so bad after all!

hell no! i have had bad brakes before but never like that. lol!! i just found that pic on the net the other day. :D

Back