FYI: FMS Headers $247 at Summit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FYI: FMS Headers $247 at Summit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Justin - So your truck is still a go? (you're not selling?)

Justin - So your truck is still a go? (you're not selling?)

I still have it listed for sale a few places, just haven't gotten any interest. I had my BIN on eBay at what my local dealership has a 2001 EB with similar miles listed for. So I guess I will be upgrading again :) These headers should help me alot even with the turbo simly because of how restrictive the stock manifolds are. I also am lookin for a reliable road car- I've been looking at a few Caddies. I drive an STS and a Catera this weekend :)

Stay away from the Catera. Run a quick search on their reliability and you'll see why. I almost made the mistake of buying one a couple years ago.

Stay away from the Catera. Run a quick search on their reliability and you'll see why. I almost made the mistake of buying one a couple years ago.

I read about their reliability problems, but this one had 30k on it with a 100k powertrain warranty ;) Northstars arent real reliable either- they like to pop headgaskets.

Reliable is not a word I would use in a sentance when describing a Caddy from the 70's thru the 90's.

From the debut of the CTS and since then, they seem to have gotten it right.

STS had Headgasket and transmission issues....

And the other one you're looking at is the Catera?

That was only the 2nd worst Caddy EVER built....can you name the WORST? Does the name "Cimmaron" ring a bell....It's a Cadillac, only a little more Cavalier...

What didn't go wrong for the Catera?....who knows...but they had problems from Day 1.

On paper the Catera was supposed to be a decent car...but then the bean counters got in the middle of it all, and ruined it. Drivetrain, electrical, fit and finish...they were all piss-poor!...

Ryan

I'm surprised you didn't have TMH already installed... you truck is awesome.

will these physically fit a P headed truck? i can add an EGR bung myself.
They will bolt up.... The problem you run into (same w/ Mustangs w/ P heads) is that the revised spark locations/angles put the plugs and wires right at the header primaries. The primaries on P-specific headers go straight out from the head farther before turning down toward the collectors. Some also have bends/dents for further clearance.

They probably wouldn't fit the stock Exploder Y-pipe correctly, but I've heard you can use stock Stang headers (87-93 don't have EGR built in, 94-95 do) w/ P heads due to the smaller, dented primaries.

Reliable is not a word I would use in a sentance when describing a Caddy from the 70's thru the 90's.

From the debut of the CTS and since then, they seem to have gotten it right.

STS had Headgasket and transmission issues....

And the other one you're looking at is the Catera?

That was only the 2nd worst Caddy EVER built....can you name the WORST? Does the name "Cimmaron" ring a bell....It's a Cadillac, only a little more Cavalier...

What didn't go wrong for the Catera?....who knows...but they had problems from Day 1.

On paper the Catera was supposed to be a decent car...but then the bean counters got in the middle of it all, and ruined it. Drivetrain, electrical, fit and finish...they were all piss-poor!...

Ryan

Wow, my northstar 94 cadillac deville i bought with 82k lasted till 156k till i sold it. I know the guy who bought it and its got 202k now and still running great.

If you call Lane Automotive in Watervliet, MI they stock the headers as well, when I bought mint for my Mustang (which had an Explorer motor in it) they were $209.00 that was a year ago though. If they have an option for the ceramic coating, don't bother- it's crap and purples and fouls in a couple weeks.

If you call Lane Automotive in Watervliet, MI they stock the headers as well, when I bought mint for my Mustang (which had an Explorer motor in it) they were $209.00 that was a year ago though. If they have an option for the ceramic coating, don't bother- it's crap and purples and fouls in a couple weeks.

Only cheap "ceramic immitations" will do that.

True ceramic coatings last a lifetime. My 3 year old Torque monster headers will prove this.

Back