Galveston Mardi Gras | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Galveston Mardi Gras

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
My parents left today for our house in Galveston, they are going down there for Mardi Gras.

I am just curious, how come Galveston has such a wicked Mardi Gras celebration? Its just a small island isnt it?

BTW Alec my parents say their house down there is 6 blocks from your school, I told them to look for a black Ex with big ol tires.........

I have not had the chance to make it down to the house yet, they bought it last year.......

Please keep an eye out for my mom and dad, I suspect they are up to no good as my 65 year old dad was on his way to Wal Mart last night to but a bunch of cheap beads.........

:)

Alec, the house is on a corner, it is yellow, it has a small guest house inthe back yard, and it is a historic house that survived the "big one", I dont remember the address but for some reason 6th ave seems familiar, do you know it? I guess it used to be a corner store back in the day before it was renovated back into a house by the previous owner......I hope to get down there this summer.......

<

Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
I'm avoiding that area of the island like the plague. Nothing like a bunch of drunk tourists falling on your truck to give you a bad day.

Yes, I'm an ornery old native now :(

<