Gap between the speedometer plastic piece | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gap between the speedometer plastic piece

avio07

Reaction score
City, State
A
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
There is an unusual gap between the speedometer plastic piece and steering wheel has anyone else noticed this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is an unusual gap between the speedometer plastic piece and steering wheel has anyone else noticed this?
Post a pic if you can

:pics:

Kept forgetting to get a pic but here you guys go! It's not that noticeable unless you lean over the driver seat. Looks like the piece was supposed to be attached to 2 clips but isn't or the piece is bent from the heat, either way, some sort of manufacturer defect.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 188

Thank you. I don't have a 2020 Explorer to check that but to me it seems like something is out of alignment.

Peter

Something is not snapped down properly. I pulled up on the rubber seal around it and unwrapped it on accident. I just realigned and snapped it back down.

You can see the 2 snaps exposed.

Something is not snapped down properly. I pulled up on the rubber seal around it and unwrapped it on accident. I just realigned and snapped it back down.

You can see the 2 snaps exposed.
I tried to realign it and snap it back into position but no luck. You had the same gap? Mind posting pics?

Definitely that's not correct you should notify the dealer to correct that on the next maintenance schedule

Can anyone share pics of their cluster gauge From that angle?

I tried to realign it and snap it back into position but no luck. You had the same gap? Mind posting pics?
Yeah my 2020 XLT looks just like that. I think that was the cause of the random clicking sounds I heard from under the dash during the winter. I'd post a pic but it's in the shop for a tranny replacement - after 3266 miles...

Noticed this gap in the center display today. Is there supposed to be a tab in the center to help keep it from sagging? Couldn’t find any signs of broken plastic, though.

Attachments

• 82DF2222-132C-4F37-98B1-3AF971B6D5A3.jpeg
    82DF2222-132C-4F37-98B1-3AF971B6D5A3.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 129

Unrelated issue, but noticed this gap in the center display today. Is there supposed to be a tab in the center to help keep it from sagging? Couldn’t find any signs of broken plastic, though.

Nope, I removed my lower trim piece to see if I could fix it. It is extremely flexible and nothing to really hold it firm in there.

Unrelated issue, but noticed this gap in the center display today. Is there supposed to be a tab in the center to help keep it from sagging? Couldn’t find any signs of broken plastic, though.
There is an identical picture like that floating around here somewhere. ;)

Peter

Noticed this gap in the center display today. Is there supposed to be a tab in the center to help keep it from sagging? Couldn’t find any signs of broken plastic, though.
Your post and subsequent ones were moved to this thread. Thank you Dsle5403.

Peter

That's a simple fix DYI. Yes it should not be like that, but you too need to do is much it back in. That part is removable to access the screws for the screws.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back