Garage Fan | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Garage Fan

Thought I would share this. My Garage gets a little toasty this time of year, So I wanted a fan to move there air around some.

Now in we installed a old celling fan in man dad's garage, which works wonders:thumbsup: However I don't have a dettached garage with a huge open attic space to pull out the heat, so not sure thi would be as effectevie in my garage, which has my bedroom over it.

One thing I did was to install a small bathroon vent fan on a theromstatic switch (like a attic fan) that goes pulls some of the hot air out, but really it just dosn't have enough volume, but does help. Now to get the air moving, I had a oscalating stand fan, but didn't feel like tripping over it on my garage floor:rolleyes: So I went and got some 1 1/4" pipe pieces and made a mount for the fan to sit in. chucked the base, and wala!!! Garage Fan:D

Gfan.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Well done!

Years back I bolted a stand fan like that upside down to the ceiling in my garage- right through the 4-leg base. Worked awesome! :D

I'm in a rental house (trying to buy) and want to vent a tall, open rafter'd garage, but have no roof vents installed in it. Couple of weeks back, when it was 98*F outside, it was- no joke- 131*F in my garage. I waxed one fender, was dranched in sweat, and went inside...

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Well done!

Years back I bolted a stand fan like that upside down to the ceiling in my garage- right through the 4-leg base. Worked awesome! :D

I'm in a rental house (trying to buy) and want to vent a tall, open rafter'd garage, but have no roof vents installed in it. Couple of weeks back, when it was 98*F outside, it was- no joke- 131*F in my garage. I waxed one fender, was dranched in sweat, and went inside...

with a open raftered garage, I highly recomend a celling fan. Turn it on with the garage door open, and after about ten minutes, it will suck most of the hot air out:thumbsup:

Evil Eye

Reaction score
City, State
Surprise, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer XLT 4x4
That's pretty cool, Stic-o. What's the usual temp in your garage?

My garage AC can't even keep up with the heat right now and my swamp cooler is useless since the monsoon season has started...

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Hotest I've seen it now is about low 90's and that's right after the car comes in and the door shuts. Car cools off=Garage heats up:( I have the thermostat set at about 82* or so.

GRNMACHINE

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4
I like it--thumbs up for ingenuity! One of the first things I did when we moved in is remove the 2 single light bulb ceiling lights in the garage with 2 4-light Hunter ceiling fans.

zjrog

Reaction score
City, State
Tooele,Ut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 Ranger
2 things I need in my garage, fans and more light.