Garage floor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Garage floor

I know this is off topic, so mod...please put it where it needs to go.

Anyway, I re-epoxy'd my garage floor with a more expensive two-part epoxy paint...looks great! The previous floor covering was a one-part cheapo applied in the summer and in the winter my wet tires parked overnight caused the paint to pull off when I backed out the next day. In both cases I did a massive job of prepping the floor before applying the paint.

So, being a bit gun shy, I'm looking for some kind of mat that I can place under each tire to contain water...keep it from getting under the tire. I've been told this new epoxy should be ok, but I'm wanting to be extra cautious.

Any suggestions on what to use? Most of the auto parts stores don't seem to have anything suitable.

Thanks, RS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The company that I work for manufactures all kinds of absorbent mats.
Take a look. http://www.newpig.com

I know this is off topic, so mod...please put it where it needs to go.

Anyway, I re-epoxy'd my garage floor with a more expensive two-part epoxy paint...looks great! The previous floor covering was a one-part cheapo applied in the summer and in the winter my wet tires parked overnight caused the paint to pull off when I backed out the next day. In both cases I did a massive job of prepping the floor before applying the paint.

So, being a bit gun shy, I'm looking for some kind of mat that I can place under each tire to contain water...keep it from getting under the tire. I've been told this new epoxy should be ok, but I'm wanting to be extra cautious.

Any suggestions on what to use? Most of the auto parts stores don't seem to have anything suitable.
epoxy flooring cincinnati
Thanks, RS
Looking to get my 3 car garage done with new flooring and i've had 2 companies come out and both quoted the same price however two different products. One quoted a water based epoxy top coat and the other a solid based Polyaspartic top coat. From my research polyaspartic is a newer tech and higher gloss with UV resistance. seems to cost more generally but i was curious if we had any experts in here who can guide me in a direction?

If it’s going to be glossy is it going to be slippery with snow and water? When my floor was new any snow made it like a skating rink. I fell down a few times the first year.

If it’s going to be glossy is it going to be slippery with snow and water? When my floor was new any snow made it like a skating rink. I fell down a few times the first year.
the school dloors are waxed smooth concrete, ice rink when tehres any fluods spilled or even water. my solution was those slip reisstant sneakers ;) could even get steelntoe ones if one feels so inclined

Back