Garage sale find!!

jad2411

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
So yesterday I went with a friend to buy some stuff for his pc, we were walking to the pc shop and we saw a garage sale, so I stopped by to see 2 subs and the guy says: "take both for 60!" and I asked if they worked, he says: "nah my kid had them in his car and he blew one, then connected the other one alone and eventually blew it as well, so instead of fixing these, he got bigger and better ones" I tell him I'll bring my truck to see if these fit OK so I do and tell the guy, I have 30 only (thinking of getting only one) and he goes cool, so I give him the 30 and take one to my truck, as I turn around he loads the other one and I said, i though 60 for both, 30 for one??? he says just take them, I have no use and they take a lot of space :eek:, sooo:
DSCF0427.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

2 for $30 instead of 2 for $300, I took them home and one is blown, the other one is just disconnected from the terminal great deal huh?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Snag! Open 'em up, see if the kid hid anything in there... Pics when you hook 'em up??

nothing inside but the poly fill, since sub 1 is blown, and sub box 2 has the terminal broken, I just swaped the subs, now I have 1 fully functional and one needing sub+ terminal, I'll hook the one that works tomorrow (hopefully) and take some pics of it, it handles 150 rms, 300 peak so it should work OK with my amp, depending on how it sounds I might just leave one, if not I'll get a new sub and solder the terminal of the other one, but that means getting a new amp....

Those are great budget subs, one of those were my first sub i had it in a 1.3@33hz and it sund really nice for the price.

Now my bro have it in his car and still pounding 3 years later like the first day.

Here it is "installed" lol I just placed it there, as you can see it takes half the space sideways, and it barely fits with the hatch closed, ~1.5" left, so if time permits, I'll go to my friend's shop to pick up some wire and to have him tune my system, I just spent money on another mod (soon to come) so that will be it for now, no fixing the blown one at least for now...
DSCF0430.jpg

out of curiosity, did you load up the blown one and he gave you the good one? or the other way around

No idea, both look the same on the outside, I later noticed that they have a different logo on the center of the sub but at the time I didn't know the difference, as far as we knew both were blown...

I went to my friend's shop today he had no time to hook it up, so I'll stop by on sat AM and get it there

Very nice! Looks like oem or something...

in a kicker box to... lucky you! those things sound good for being the "low end kicker" subs. my buddy had two and it moved his rear glass. take care of 'em and they'll thump for a while.

The color is almost a perfect match, the fabric you see on the left side will be a courtain to hide the amp, it will cover just the front the side doesn't show anyway and I want to keep it cool, I just ordered some memphis 6x8's for the front and will be changing the kickers that I have in the front to the rear doors....
I blame Rick, I spend too much money for the ideas I get just by looking at this site.... hehehe I'll have to put my 20 in the jar to become elite....

What stereo is that you have up there? Is it stock?

I was just interested in the box when he told me the sub was blown, I quoted some sealed custom ones for ~ US$20, this one is ported so I figured 30 would be a good deal for the box only, and it fits perfect hehe

Wow Donner eagle eyes? hehe 2006 Ford mp3, 6 cd changer & sat ready, US$100 ebay, I'm trying to keep it stealth, but the black one was $170, so a silver one will do...:
DSCF0373.jpg

I think...

(I think you can get another oem face plate to change to a darker one if you like)

Hadn't thought of that... I was looking for a silver bezel so it'd blend in
Your JVC looks nice in there, I saw your post where you sell one of those, too late for me tho'

Here's the difference...

The face plate might be cheaper, I'd ask a vendor here....

This was my son's with silver and then to black. You could see his silver dash from 2 blocks away... We got a new bezel recently from a vendor here - actually, both of the bezels (mine and his came from vendors here)

I just looked at ebay, no face plates, where else can I get the face plate? do you know? Yeah going to black seems to be the best option...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ohhh I see what you mean! I thought you were talking about swaping the faceplate to a black one! I have 2 ford radios, so I can easily do that mod, I actually did a search when you told me and found only the display issue and this mod hehe

Back