• Register Today It's free!

Gas Gauge Question?

95EXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Hey, I have a stock 1995 Explorer XLT and I have been monitering my gas and realize that when I am at a 1/4 tank I will reset the miles driven to moniter, and I will drive for a little, cut it off, and drive some more later and realize that my gas is on empty.. And this is only when I have driven about 35 miles. Is this becusae the guage is manual and does not read acuratly? or my truck gets horrible milage or what. Just wondering if you guys have any answers to this.

see what kind of mileage you get to the tank? Some gauges are a bit flakey.

-Drew

I got 75% of my mileage from Full-to-Half. The second half went like that. Never actually gauged how much i had left, but i know when i was on "E" i always had at least 2g left in her.

BuffaloXplorer said:
I got 75% of my mileage from the Full-to-Half mark. The second half went like that. Never actually gauged how much i had left, but i know when i was on "E" i always had at least 2g left in her.

Thats EXACTLY what mine does..so i decided to count my miles from full to half..but im not sure how realiable it will be considering It will appear im driving around on empty for a while.

Back