Gas in the oil | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gas in the oil

l0n3r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I've got a 99 Ford Ranger Sport, 4 cylinder with a 5 speed manual trans also its 2wd. For the past month or so its been idling abnormally and when lifting off the throttle would idle up then slowly come down. For the most part the truck has been sitting in my garage and hasn't ran for much more than 5 minutes at a time since this started cause I've been trying to fix it; TPS, EGR, and Idle Air Valve have all been checked out and replaced if not working properly. Was looking over a few random things and when checking the oil noticed there was a white foam or froth. Ask some one about it hoping I was thinking wrong, thought it was antifreeze, and that's what he thought too. Then he came over to check it out for himself. He smelled the oil on the dipstick and said it was loaded with gas. He and I both know our way around a car, but he said to ask some one cause he's not sure what is causing this. The oil was changed late November early December and before that had autozone read the codes; EGR vacuum sensor, coolant temp sensor, TPS, and misfire in cylinder #1. As far as I know everything is original under the hood (except normal maintenance, tune up, and wear and tear), it reads about 135000 miles on the odometer. If anyone could help me with what could have caused the gas to go into the oil, I really appreciate it.
thanks matt​

could be a bad fuel pressure regulator,, it would allow gas to be sucked right into the intake,,

Back