• Register Today It's free!

gas mileage ?'s

4POINT0SOHC

Reaction score
City, State
Bradenton,Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
i just tested my gas mileage off of a full tank and while i am filling it up the trip reads " 230 miles" now given that is highway and mostly city. does anyone know what that equates to in mpg? i dont know the factory gas tank size and also is that good mileage for having a cold air intake system and an electric fan and 373 gears? everything else is stock...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure but i believe our sports have a 17gal tank in it. Now its really hard to say what your mpg are since you didnt tell us how many gallons you put it. To figure out you mpg just take the number of miles driven on that tank of gas and divide them by how many gallons you put into your truck and that should give mpg.

the old trick is to fuel all the way up and set your trip to 0

then run your truck

then on the next fill up, note how much it takes to fill it BACK up and the miles driven

then divide miles / gallon

now you might be saying, but I drove the whole tank... no you didnt, unless you were pushing the truck into the station, and then you need to know the capacity of the tank

first I have to ask what motor ohv, shoc? I have a 97 with 33x12.5x15.. I can only speak for myself. I have 22.5 gallon tank. I know this for a fact becasue I have ran it dry 3 different times.. It is calibrated to the T!! I get 15-16 miles per gallon highway and 12 city.. It simple math .. other words I'm getting 280 on a tank city and I fil up 320 on long trip.. I have 31x10.5 before and I was getting 20-21 hwy and 16-17 city... And had the calibrated to the T! as well :-D

Back