• Register Today It's free!

gas MPG

bluemarble

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 LTD
Back in Feb. 2008 I was having poor gas milage. This is great now that I have change spark plugs again. I went to Bosch Iridium fusion and my MPG went up to 14.4 miles a gal. from 11.8 miles per gal.. had already put in a K&G air filter. things are looking better. right now..:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also remember that they oxygenate the fuel in the winter, and that hurts gas mileage.

No I didn`t know that. Thank You..

More on GAS milage

I am now up to 15.2 MPG as of 6/22/2008. Just to keep you up dated.

Also remember that they oxygenate the fuel in the winter, and that hurts gas mileage.

Yes indeed; your poor gas mileage in February was most likely due to winter blend gas.

Most have had rather poor results with Bosch spark plugs.

2000 5.0 2wd

Man my truck really "Sucks" Sucks gas that is. LOL...
I got 7.2 mpg since my last fill up.:mad:

I am thinking living in Hawaii might be part of my bad mpg. I do mostly city driving. Our blocks here are short. Very frequent stop and go. My longest hwy. travel is only about 3-4 miles.

Man my truck really "Sucks" Sucks gas that is. LOL...
I got 7.2 mpg since my last fill up.:mad:

I am thinking living in Hawaii might be part of my bad mpg. I do mostly city driving. Our blocks here are short. Very frequent stop and go. My longest hwy. travel is only about 3-4 miles.

How come you don't own a scooter? Or say A BIKE???

poor Gas milage

Mine was not that bad, but I had got down to 12 MPG. I change the air filter, ran some gas cleaner in the gas tank. K&N air filter, and bosch iridium fusion spark plugs made a big jump over the last 4 weeks. I`m up to 14.7 MPG in town. I have a ford explorer LTD 4.6L V8 AWD. Hope it will work for you too. plus 5W20 syntidict oil

55 Mph

you will get more MPG at 55 mph than at 65 or 70 mph. it works we may not like it , but it works.:navajo:

you will get more MPG at 55 mph than at 65 or 70 mph. it works we may not like it , but it works.:navajo:

bluemarble is right, on the California DMV website it says that for every 10mph over 55 you go, your using 15% more fuel.

How come you don't own a scooter? Or say A BIKE???

I hear you and I did think about it but my wife doesn't feel safe about that idea. She says to much crazy drivers LOL...

I am trying something right now with Lucas fuel additive which I will be testing it for about 2 months to see the results. I will post my results later.

Back