• Register Today It's free!

Gas pedal fell off!!!!!!

patman

Reaction score
City, State
lincoln NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport
so i had been noticing recently my gas pedal had alot less distance between idle and the pedal being on the floor, well yesterday about three blocks from my house, it stopped doing anything all together, i pulled over and teh gas pedal had come off completely!!!!!!!!!!!! well i improvised and took out one of my shoe strings and tied it around the throttle cable, just pulled that for throttle to get it home, once home i just fixed it quick with a few bolts and re-attached the cable to the pedal, just a story to tell

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Toyota could use that.
happy0188.gif

ha ha ha ha it's funny too cuz the girlfriend was with me and the whole time she was laughing her a$$ off she thought it was the funniest thing ever

Atleast its not stuck

Unfortunately, 2nd gens have that problem. Luckily it hasn't afflicted me...yet.

Chalk up one for McGiver!

^indeed^ i was sittin there going "hmm i can either rig something up, and have sketchy vehicle for 3 blocks or i can pay out my ass to have someone come tow it... and i was looking everywhere for string before i finally took the one out of my shoe.... now if only i would've used a tube sock and a ball point pen, then i'd really be mcguiver (SP?)

Back