• Register Today It's free!

gas pedal

theman79

Reaction score
City, State
New Caney, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
07 XLT, V6, loaded. when u go around a corner at slow speeds or have to slow to below 10 mph then get back on the throttle it feels like the pedal sinks down and the truck accelerates fast, wants to just hall ass. when we go around corners we have to baby it or ease into the pedal to get a smooth take off without throwing everyone backwards. damn ford for going to electronic throttle. any ideas. thanks

Think they're all like that. My 06 V6 feels like a rocket right out of a corner, but then the throttle becomes stupidly irresponsive.

I test drove an 05 V6 and 06 V6, and the V5 felt like a V8 compared to the 06 simply due to the lack of the stupid electronic throttle. Nissans also have electronics throttles; don't know what's Ford's problem...

same problem here. I especially notice if I'm in bad traffic such as a long stop and go line for a stop sign....the truck will surge at these low RPMs & MPH when barely feathering the throttle. I have the latest TCM/ECM flash and it still sucks.....though my clunking from 2-1 is gone. This combined with a few other small gripes add up enough to make me want to trade it in much sooner than I had hoped.

Back