BIGHVM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
UK, Richmond, Surrrey.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Northface
Just a gentle word in your shell likes!
I went to my long standing motor supply shop and asked for a serpentine belt for the Ex- they checked the computer and came back with two possibles................................Gat6pk2063 and 2175.

The last four digits are the length of each belt. I found that infact NONE of them fitted, the shorter one is for Explorers without a/c and the other one turns out to be too short. I compaired it to the old one and it was an inch short, I thought ok- the old one had stretched...........reasonable!
I tried to fit it and discovered that it was an inch short and even if I could have got it on, the tensioner body would have rubbed on it!

I will get the real deal from Fraud, but take the warning folks, with belts, use Ford stuff. I will from now...............What a waste of my time!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Point taken. This leads me to ask a question. As a relatively new Ex owner, all I have needed so far is a bottom suspension ball joint which I got at a reasonable price on eBay (excellent quality, but not original Ford). Where do you guys get your spares from - Ford, eBay, the states, or any other places?
Richard

That sucks, are you sure you didn't just get the wrong one from the parts store? I've never had a problem with them being wrong.

When it comes to parts guys you have to remember that the Explorer is a rare beast over here. The likes of Halfords and other spares shops have probably never even seen one let alone try and fit their parts to one. Incidentally I had the same issue with the serp belt from Halfords. Even Ford dealers have trouble with some parts. Most of the young lads in the parts dept are not familiar with the x. We should get together and compile a proper parts list which will make life easier for all of us.

ya which engine do you have ohv or sohc v-6 ?

All the UK models are 4.0 SOHC with aircon. There are a few grey imports but all the RHD ones sold here are basically the same.

wierd, gates website shows K060864 for the correct part.. Someone must have looked the wrong one up.

I am reliably informed that the belt should be 86.4-86.5 ins or 2194.5-2197.1mm long. Ford part # XL2Z8620BA

Serpentine Belt

I bought mine from Rockauto in USA, lots of brands to go for (I chose Motorcraft and also bought the pulleys there too as I thought it best to replace at the same time). Cheap prices even including delivery, no soul searching at the local dealers, and delivery in days

Back