Gauges and Message Center Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gauges and Message Center Not Working

Mistie1985

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello all. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT Eddie Bauer edition. While driving, all of my gauges plummeted to nothing and my message center area went completely black. My indicator lights such as battery, air bag, cruise control, etc. are still lighting up properly, so I am at a loss as to what could be wrong. Does anybody know if this is an easy fix? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I'm not all the great at the electrical stuff, but the first thing I would check are the fuses. Something going that fast could certainly be a blown fuse. You should be able to google the fuse diagram and see which fuses in the two boxes are the most likely candidates.

If not the fuses, then the problem described in this thread is also a possibility,
Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have

My oil pressure gauge is out and I think this is the problem for me.

LMHmedchem

I had this issue last summer and when I got home I measured the voltage in my battery while the truck was still running and it read 16.4 volts. High enough for the computer to put the truck into fail safe mode and shut down the radio , tachometer, speedometer, ac fan but the truck still ran down the road in the city 35mph speed limit. Bought a rebuild motorcraft alternator from rock auto and replaced the old alternator (3.5 year old / New TYC brand) that had a failed voltage regulator.

Back