Gauges... possessed they are, someone call Ghostbuster | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gauges... possessed they are, someone call Ghostbuster

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
So while sitting in the truck this PM listening to the radio, I noticed AFTER I shut the truck off, about 10 seconds later the gauges bottomed out, went all the way over to the redline they back to the "normal spot".
WTF is this all about?

:navajo:

Thats wierd. The only time my truck ever cycled the gauge is when i had battery disconnected. I connected it and started truck to seem them all go redline then back.

Hello all this is my first post, i have been reading and learning and i hit my first problems today. I have an 04 xlt and i had the same thing happen to me today. Only reason i noticed it is because i was trying to figure out what the hell was going on with my gas gauge, problem 2. Same thing happened after 10 or 15 seconds my gauges bottomed out and went back up. As far as my gas goes i was on the way to fill up and my gas light came on. After putting 65 dollars in my tank, damn, my gas gauge stayed on empty with my check gage light continuing to glow. Any ideas on why my gauge is stuck? after about 6 hours it has finally moved up to about half a tank . I always reset my trip when i fill up just incase something like this happened. I know i have a full tank but im still trying to figure out whats up. I was thinking an electrical short when i saw the other gauges move. any help?

Back