Gear Raito/Tire size | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gear Raito/Tire size

Say I put 32's on my 94

it runs stock 3:27gears for 235/75 tire

What gear set puts it back closest to stock performance

I have 35;s on my Toyota 4Runner, stock gears in that are 4:10 and I had to put 5:29's to compensate for tires

but I havent found anywhere that list explorer gear changes

Thanks
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try going to www.4lo.com and use thier tire and gear calculator. Maybe it'll tell you what you want to know.

According to my calculations, with 235/75/R15 and 3.27 gears:
235/75/R15 is approximately a 28.9 inch diamter
If you want to go to a 32 inch diameter tire, your new ratio will have to be 3.62. But I don't think they make 3.62 ratios, so you could probably go with 3.73

I want to put 31 inch tires on mine, and with my 235/75/R15 and 3.27 gears, I'll have to switch to 3.55 to keep stock performance.

Thanks stev-0

you da man

do you need any parts
im going to the YARD today

Ryan

would 31's with 4:10's be overkill?

Pretty much....I had 31's w/3.73's and I noticed no differnce between the 31's and the stockers.....
Pete

Glad I could help Ryan.
I wish I would have seen your parts offer before today though.

steve what parts you looking for
because I will still be frequenting the place

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate the offer.
I've been asking around here a bunch for an overhead console from a 95+ truck. Must be gray. I also need the temp sensor from behind the bumper, the mounting hardware for both the sensor and the console (if possible) and as much of the wiring harnesses for both that can be saved (if possible). I think the console has a bracket in the roof that it attaches to. I'm not sure if my truck has that bracket or not, so I may need that too, if it can be removed from the donor.

Steve they only have one left out there and its brown I can get all if it:consolle, tempsensor, mounting bracket, and as much of the wiring harness as I can for 50 bux

Ryan

Man 50 bucks for everything is cheap, but, I'd really like to have a gray console, but all the other stuff will work with any console. How much do they want for just all the other stuff, (wiring harnesses, temp sensor, bracketry). That'll be a piece of the puzzle, then I can keep searching for a console elsewhere.

I dont know. I might go out there this weekend and be able to cut the wiring harness and temp sensor out for ya those easily fit in my pocket ... and there are only two bolts holding on the mounting bracket he might just give that to me

Then all youd have to do is re-emburse me for the shipping costs

Ill se what I can do

Ryan

That sounds sweet Ryan, thanks a bunch. I appreciate your help. Just let me know something.
Just curious, what year truck will this stuff come from?

96 and 97 i belive they are

That's fine Ryan, I appreciate anything you can do. Thanks man.

Back