• Register Today It's free!

Gear shift lever lights

XRider

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Exp Limited
Was just in wifes X and noticed the center console gear shift lever was illuminated but none of the drive positions were 'red' in color. Also, when I shift into Drive, the 'D' in the display panel is 'red' but the D in the center console next to gear shift lever is the same color as the other lights in the center console.

Does anyone else notice this behavior? I don't want to have to go to dealership to test drive another X :))

Thx!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have to check that one

You didn't note which trim level you have, but the gear shift position is noted next to the speedo, and if you are in manual mode the gear you are in, is displayed on the left 4" display on an xlt with mft

The console lights do not change color.

@dco43054, Hmmm, i thought my info was in my sig. Yup I know about the info next to speedo and manual shift number being shown.

@JDraper, too bad the console lights don't change color. Not sure what value added it provides if it doesn't indicate which gear (i.e. P, N, D...) we are in.

Thx all
----------------------------------
2012 Limited, Wht Plat/Blk Int, 302A, Dual Moon, 2nd row bucket, 20" polished alum, tow pkg, mud guards

Back