• Register Today It's free!

Gears

994x4Sprt

Reaction score
City, State
Anderson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
How can you find out what gear ratio is in the rear-end? and also what's the biggest tire size that you'd go without changing gears? IF possible I'd like to get that for all the factory gear ratios b/c I'm not sure what gear i have....thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

994x4Sprt said:
How can you find out what gear ratio is in the rear-end? and also what's the biggest tire size that you'd go without changing gears? IF possible I'd like to get that for all the factory gear ratios b/c I'm not sure what gear i have....thanks
Wellcome
Put on your Helmit :eek:

the door sticker...find it, look under axle, look it up on by useing the search feature. I have 3.27's and run a 31...it's ok on road but offroad i'd like it abit lower. I'm going to be running 35"s once my sas is done and i'll have 5.13 gears

good luck
cp

Where is the sticker supposed to be at on the door? I have a caution sticker talkin about changing tire sizes and what not and then there's a white sticker but it doesn't say anything on it.......???

There is also a metal tag on the differential cover that has the gear ratio punched on it.

Thanks I appreciate the help. :thumbsup:

On the tag that's on the differential cover the number says 4 L 10 8 8 .......does that 4L10 mean I have 4.10's Limited Slip???

Back