• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Gen 4 non Nav Sync 2 to Sync 3 Upgrade Package

I purchased the upgrade package from FLVPMods as a joint Christmas present for my wife and I. She found the package and opened it early and she’s less than happy. I went ahead and installed it and she doesn’t like how different it is so putting this out here for sale. It’s all OEM equipment. GPS Antennae, media hub, media plug conversion, gen 4 APIM on official Ford software, and a defect free screen for $480 shipped anywhere in the US. Our explorer is a 2013 Sport and as far as I know has all options for that year so reprogramming may be necessary.
Vid of the unit installed and functioning at this link: Sync3.MOV

idesi1

Reaction score
City, State
Houston TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I have a 2016 Ford Exp. XLT with the Sync 2 version (no sony logo) so will this fit to my car? Does it come with the USB Control Module for Carplay?
Thanks
Shad

mikejsmith1985

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bethel, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2016 Ford Exp. XLT with the Sync 2 version (no sony logo) so will this fit to my car? Does it come with the USB Control Module for Carplay?
Thanks
Shad

It will come with the usb module for car play. I believe the only difference is the 2016 doesn’t need the extra adapter as the usb media hub is the same size. I can’t say for certain that it is a direct bolt in with everything I’m selling. I recommend checking flvpmods website and comparing the 2013 kit to the 2016 kit for peace of mind.

mikejsmith1985

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bethel, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Price dropped $480 shipped, was asking $520, updated the original post with the new price.

Losdogdagreat

Reaction score
City, State
Dayton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
No it is the larger screen, I believe it’s an 8” but may be a 7”
I will get back to you soon as I think this is what I am looking for. I have a 2013 XLT sync 2 I believe. Did everything work perfectly, including back camera and steering wheel controls? I am most concerned that I will gain applee car play but I see that it worked in the video you posted.

mikejsmith1985

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bethel, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I will get back to you soon as I think this is what I am looking for. I have a 2013 XLT sync 2 I believe. Did everything work perfectly, including back camera and steering wheel controls? I am most concerned that I will gain applee car play but I see that it worked in the video you posted.
Yes everything is 100% functional, but may require re-programming based on the options your vehicle is equipped with. Apple CarPlay is great, I was pretty crushed that my wife doesn’t like the sync 3 UI

Losdogdagreat

Reaction score
City, State
Dayton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Yes everything is 100% functional, but may require re-programming based on the options your vehicle is equipped with. Apple CarPlay is great, I was pretty crushed that my wife doesn’t like the sync 3 UI
One more question, does XM radio work?

Do you have it posted somewhere; ebay, FB marketplace? Wondering how we can secure payment and such.

mikejsmith1985

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bethel, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
One more question, does XM radio work?

Do you have it posted somewhere; ebay, FB marketplace? Wondering how we can secure payment and such.
I have it on FB also, we can do PayPal. I don’t use XM myself but if you have a subscription XM will work.