General consensus on tires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

General consensus on tires

Firestone Destination A/T, great and great price. I will never buy another brand

...and highly regarded @ Tirerack.

I put a set of Destinations on the Ex and a set of Pirelli P4 All-seasons on another car at the same time, two years ago. Two of the Pirellis are shot and all four of the Desinations look new...(While there is a difference in miles driven the contrast is great enough to note)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

general grabber a/t 2 all the way....similar tread pattern to the bfg a/t (but in my opinion looks better) and it is snow rated and is alot cheaper!

On my second set of BFG A/T's, very happy with them. Great all around tire. Current prices are too steep in my opinion.

Guys, please read the original post:

Looking to find a tire that is a good all season tire, not noisy on the highway and not a deep lug agressive tread.

Well, today i installed a set of four Canadian Tire Motomaster Total Terrain A/P tires and the ride is just great. I read the reviews and was certainly impressed.

The noise from the old tires is gone and the truck now hits the bumps much softer.

The tires were well within my budget @ $119 each. I'll report back after a few thousand miles to let everyone know they handle etc especially if we get some snow here.

Thanks for all the comebacks.........regards.......John

and he also bought a set of tires.

Re: BFG AT they have been a great all around tire, are a very quiet tire, deep lugs, I guess thats debatable...

Geolanders were great. The current Fuzion HTRs which are now gone are amazing so far.

Pirelli scorpions were great on my 2001 Monty. As were the yok AVS...

Rob

Back