General Grabber AT2s - up $20/tire! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

General Grabber AT2s - up $20/tire!

dtholmanmax

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
So much for my plan to buy General Grabber AT2s in 265/75/16! Just checked Tire Rack and Tread Depot today and the price has gone from about $95/tire to 116/tire! Now what. I guess this was an introductory price since the tire was new. Guess I should have pulled the trigger a week ago...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought mine!!

I just had them put on a few days ago. Paid $86/tire from tirerack.com

I really hated the Michelin's from the factory. These tires are great. I haven't been through any mud yet but they handle excellent in the rain.

Edit: Tire size is 245/70/R16. I only went up a little over stock. The tires do generate a little more noise over the Michelin's. Just a tad bit of low speed howl, nothing like a mud tire sounds like though. At highway speeds, you can't tell any difference in sound. The ride seems a little smoother too. These tires are pretty soft to the touch, I'm sure I won't get near the mileage as I got with the Michelin's, but for half the cost, you can't go wrong. Plus the increased functionally and aesthetics, they're worth every penny.

Here's some pics for you guys...

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

looks good. Yeah - I was going to get the 265/75/16s for around $95 from tirerack but as I said, they're now like 116/each. Unreal. SHould have pulled the trigger

just got bridgestone dueler APTs from sears for 119 a tire... these r 32s (265/75) btw

2456765_42_full.jpg

2456765_43_full.jpg

2456765_44_full.jpg

2456765_45_full.jpg

2456765_46_full.jpg

Looks Great bigapple!

You ever get that thing dirty ;)

Mine used to a lot, but now it's comp vehicle so I've cut back on the mudding excursions. However, now I'm dieing to find a nice puddle to try these out in.

My F150 is my current mudding toy, I'll have to upload some pics to my website then I'll post them here. I just washed it today so I'll snap some pics tomorrow. For some reason, I never remember to bring the camera when we're out playing so I don't have any good mud pics, but believe me, it has seen and been thru some serious stuff.

Looks Great bigapple!

You ever get that thing dirty ;)

Mine used to a lot, but now it's comp vehicle so I've cut back on the mudding excursions. However, now I'm dieing to find a nice puddle to try these out in.

My F150 is my current mudding toy, I'll have to upload some pics to my website then I'll post them here. I just washed it today so I'll snap some pics tomorrow. For some reason, I never remember to bring the camera when we're out playing so I don't have any good mud pics, but believe me, it has seen and been thru some serious stuff.

im gunna give them an offroad test sometime soon and ill get some snapshots

Back