• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

General Opinion of ExplorerForum.com

X6StringerX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this thread, but I want to send out a thanks to all of the members here. I've posted on quite a few forums and this place is by far my favorite. Of course, we're not all perfect (I am) and we get into little arguments here and there, but I genuinely believe that this forum is made up of a great bunch of individuals that not only share a passion for vehicles, but also seem to care about each other. There are a lot of good forums out there, but this forum is great.

I suppose what urged me to make this thread is a recent transaction gone bad on another forum. I sold a set of wheels to an individual that later claimed they were not as described. He threatened lawyer contact and flat out accused me of being misleading and a liar. However, in the end, he was the one that didn't hold up his end of the deal. I provided ample pictures and an accurate description prior to the sale and gained the support of members and moderators as the post counts in the sale thread grew. I fufilled his request to refund $100 via PayPal's resolution center and I was left out in the cold in the end because rather than send pictures of the damage so I could file a claim with UPS, he decided to paint the wheels and ignore me. To make a long story short, I ended up making a mere $166 on a set of 4 17" Ford Focus SVT EAP wheels. To say the least, I was disappointed. However, it wasn't in the fact that I made so little on the sale, it was in the fact that there are individuals out there that care so little about others that they probably wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.

In conclusion, I salute you, the ExplorerForum.com members, for making this place so great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JoeCool6972

Reaction score
City, State
where ever I may roam...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
Ebay's so-called resolution center is a f'n joke!

I had a similar problem a few years ago. I sold a black MSD coil pack to a fool there, who later gave me all kinds of crap because they thought all MSD products were supposed the be red and accused me of selling them a knockoff in an MSD package. Of course Ebay and Paypal sided with the idiot, no matter what I said I was wrong. Then the a-hole got to keep the item after I gave them a refund. They expected me to pay for return shipping as well as refund. WTF?! Screw EBay.

Back on topic... this site IS awesome. A few people like to argue and flame, but overall most members are great to get along with and extremely helpful.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm glad you like EF. Our members and moderators have made this a fantastic online community:chug:

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
pleased to be a part of the site,, maybe put your name here in the thread, lets perpetuate this thread into a good feeling type thread,, Mods ,Elite, and Regular members as well,

i appreciate what is given and what i can give back too ,

dkchrist

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4DR
I hear you guys. This is by far my favorite forum. Members are friendly and helpful, conflicts are minimal and proper.

Thanks for making this a great place to learn about vehicles!!!

T3h H4r3

Reaction score
City, State
Nixa, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I have to agree with everyone here. By far the best and most informative forum i have ever been on. Speaking of which, if i remember right, we were all talking about how good this forum was at the SMORR trip. explorerforum.com i salute you :salute: