• Register Today It's free!

General Sound Problems

splash5

Reaction score
City, State
West Fargo ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
had my EX in to the dealer 4-5 times now and they have replaced almost all the speakers (some twice now) but there is a intermittent problem with the audio (everything; sirus and radio, sync and cd etc) the speakers "go in and out" and "buzz" anyone else had this problem if so any idea what was wrong this has been 3 months now and no one has fixed it. getting annoyed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have this same exact problem. I have taken it 2 times now for this and they either say they "can't reproduce it" or today's was the best. They said I had a "new sync" update and that would fix it. They didn't update or do anything. By the time the "update" was done the tech wasn't working anymore so he didn't even verify anything. As soon as I drove away the sound was cutting out and getting softer and louder. The buzzing is only really noticeable when I listen to someone talking. Not as noticeable when there is music. The sound thru the speakers when I am on the phone is horrible. If anyone has ever had this and has had it fixed that would be awesome to know what they did to fix it.

Thanks

It almost seems as if a wire is being pinched. Does this happen when the car is in motion or at rest or both?

For me it happens at all times whether the car is moving or at rest. I had thought maybe it was a loose wire or something, but it doesn't seem to change when I am driving and hit a bump. I would think that if it was pinched/loose it would do something when I hit a hard bump? But I could be wrong....certainly wouldn't be the first time :D

for me it any time i can be parked and it randomly happen or driving, yesterday i drive 500mile never happened once. the day b4 i had to turn the sound off as it was so bad i could stand to use it.

I wish mine would go away for a little bit. I went on a 200 mile trip and it happened the entire way. I will be trying to take it to another dealer (since my last one lied blatantly to my face) and we will see what happens.

Back