Gentex Auto-Dim rear view mirrors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gentex Auto-Dim rear view mirrors

I have 5 Gentex 126 Auto-Dim mirrors, 1 Gentex 187 Auto-Dim mirror, Gentex 177 Auto-Dim mirror with compass for sale with wiring harnesses. The GNTX126 I would like $25 plus shipping. The GNTX187 I would like $30 plus shipping. And for the GNTX187 I would like $40 plus shipping. The Gentex mirrors all have hook ups for side mirror dimming and reverse gear disable if you want to use either of those features. If you have any Questions please ask. I have the gentex 177 auto dim with compass installed in my 91 Tbird and it works great. I have tested all mirrors before posting this. Thanks

Gentex 126
IMG_0224.jpg

Gentex 187
IMG_0223.jpg

Gentex 177
IMG_0222.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump updated inventory

:eek:, what's up with that there, that uhm, there that supercharger you got that there in the background there that supercharger ya got that there.

I own a 91 tbird super coupe. Its a super charged 3.8. I was a tbird guy before I got my explorer and I will stay a tbird guy. But any ways I have 3 super chargers 2 of witch are for sell. They are the eaton m90.

Still for sell

^ Welcome to the forum. Note the date of the topic, these were for sale 11 years ago and R1dd1cK hasn't been logged into this forum since 2015.

You can see a couple pics of the 187 rear here, among other sites found with a google image search:

^ Welcome to the forum. Note the date of the topic, these were for sale 11 years ago and R1dd1cK hasn't been logged into this forum since 2015.

You can see a couple pics of the 187 rear here, among other sites found with a google image search:
Thank you very much! I have to put the ball that's on the that slides on the window back into the socket on the mirror?

^ I don't understand what you're asking. AFAIK, they are a complete assembly that slides onto the (existing) base plate that is (already, unless you are getting a new windshield or it fell off and needs reapplied) stuck to the windshield with adhesive.

What it is showing on that link is they are trying to adapt it to a different base plate type.

^ I don't understand what you're asking. AFAIK, they are a complete assembly that slides onto the (existing) base plate that is (already, unless you are getting a new windshield or it fell off and needs reapplied) stuck to the windshield with adhesive.

What it is showing on that link is they are trying to adapt it to a different base plate type.
The piece that slides on the base plate (that stuck to the windshield) with a ball on the end of it came out of the socket. I've had it fixed a couple of times but now you move it at all and it comes right out of the socket. I hope this makes sense. Bob

^ I would try to make some kind of jig, that supports it while you compress the socket just enough to keep it from coming out. That might be hard to do, I mean even if you can compress it some, it then might have too much friction to move around.... might have to just replace it.

^ I would try to make some kind of jig, that supports it while you compress the socket just enough to keep it from coming out. That might be hard to do, I mean even if you can compress it some, it then might have too much friction to move around.... might have to just replace it.
Thank you So Much!!
Replace the mirror?
Bob

^ That's what I meant, replace the mirror, but there might be another option... I've never had this issue.

If I was trying to be cheap and was the only driver, then I'd clean out the socket and the ball, then use a 5 minute epoxy to set the ball back in the socket, holding it while it sets... you still have the other ball socket to make "minor" adjustments, right?

Back