George Washington National Forest June 2009 Run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

George Washington National Forest June 2009 Run

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
We are trying to get a late spring run in the GWNF. I recommend Stoney Run on Saturday and Shoe Creek on Sunday. Both trails are about 3-hours each. Passable with stock junk, better with some modification. We should be able to camp either at the end of Stoney Run at Bald Knob or at Crabtree Meadows.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

June 6 look like a good weekend. If we dont get much intrest then we will likely just do Stone Run on June 6.

Thats the weekend of the Carlisle All Fords, you may not get many locals to come out....

Come up to Carlisle instead! We'll also be wheeling Rausch Creek on Sunday.

Trails are near Stantuon VA.

Looks like we are going to do Stoney Run on Saturday June 6. If abybody else is interested post up. We are going to day trip.

Man, wish I would have seen this sooner. Haven't been on the site much lately - will try to make the next run...

We did not go. We still may try to go next weekend.

Paul,

Saturday or sunday might work. I talked to Fishfood, I think you wheeled stoney run with him last year, he said he hopes to be healed enough to wheel by the weekend. I am still checking my schedule. We will let you know as soon as possible.

I talked to Fishfood, I think you wheeled stoney run with him last year

Yeah - it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, though! It looks like my schedule is clear for the next couple of weekends, so let me know what works best.

The plans for that run fell through. We are trying to get a run together for the last weekend of August.

The plans for that run fell through. We are trying to get a run together for the last weekend of August.

No worries. Keep me posted - the rest of August looks clear.

I made a trip to Gore, VA with another club a few weeks ago and gave the Ex a good work out. It was the best wheelin' I've done in awhile and the truck did great - only a few scratches and a cut tire...

Paul - Did you get the manual shift 1354 and rear locker installed? Glad to hear you're enjoying the Ex. Even after a year it feels strange seeing it someone else's avatar.

So Mark, what are you wheeling?

Are you up for a GWNF run at the end of the month?

Nothing at the moment. Got to where I was only driving the Rubi on mountain trips. It was sitting for weeks at a time so I sold it about 6 months ago.

Here I am back at square one... shopping for another 1st gen Ex... 4 door 5 speed.

Don't know about wheeling this month.. no 4x4 and I'm on standby for a business trip.

hey when i finish my b2( doin engine swap at the moment) yal mind if me and some of my guys tag on a trip ? ive know about this place but yet to go and i really wanna try it out!!

cool thanks iv got to finish mine so it may be next summer ill be able to play :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you get the manual shift 1354 and rear locker installed?

No, still haven't found time for either of those projects. I'd like to get the rear locker installed, but having the quick lock up front makes a huge difference. I was able keep up with some well built Jeeps, which is always fun!

Back