• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
nice x u got there gjarrett

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP

HUA99XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Monroeville, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
Hey GJarrett, I have to admit that Herc is one of "hero" Explorers. :salute: One of the ones that makes me desire to make mine more trailworthy. I love the fact that your Ex is able to constantly show up the J**pers, some of those J**p owners get pretty cocky about their rigs. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wanted to ask you how exactly you did the fender trimming with the Eddie Bauer fender flares. You said you were able to mask the trimming with them so I am assuming that there are somewhat flexible and are able to be bent into a different position easily? I have the TT/Shackle lift and possibly a body lift (and if I do that some 33's) planned for the not too distant future. I have an XLT not the Eddie Bauer however the fender flares are exactly the same. Like you, I want to keep a somewhat stock look because I really like the look of the trim that is currently on my Ex.

Thanks in advance.

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Nah, I didn't bend them but I did carefully cut out the secondary lip that makes the flares about one inch farther down. There's no way to keep the full flares with 35's and the amount of lift mine has. With 33's you can carefully trim the inside of the flares and keep the stock look.

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
that is a nice build Gerald... inspired me to start working on my newly acquired 98... although it's gonna be another month till I get to it.

How's the front locker been working for you so far? Is Powertrax still the only unit that can be installed up there?

thanks!

:thumbsup:

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Good to hear from you Dre.... I believe I saw you very briefly talking to Rick back when we did the 10th Anniversary Attica run but I didn't know who you were so I kept drving on, and then you left before I figured it out.

The front locker still works great. I haven't kept up with it, but I believe I remember hearing that even Powertrax quit building them.... you may have a hard time getting one. Maybe someone can chime in that knows.

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
no locker for the front? I'll start looking...

and yeah, we met in Attica...

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Need a just married picture! Sorry i wrote it like a$$ back when i did. I was only 16 at the time. :)

It's crazy to look back at old pics. Memories i'll never forget..

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
You deff. have a sweet ex, I just read through a bunch of stuff you wrote about your truck and makes me think that the IFS is strong enough for the light wheeling I do and makes me more confident in the TT.

roverz

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB
Anybody know if my rear and front gear ration needs to match? I am thinking of switching to a powertrax in the read of my 00 EB with high 4.xx gear set as i am planning on moving up in tire size as soon as my wife is away for a weekend.

410Fortune

River Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
hmmmmmmmm thats peculiar thing to post in Gerralds Explorer registry

Yes your gear ratios must always match in a 4x4, unless you are running different tire sizes front /rear LOL

Nice Explorer Gerrald! will we see you in Moab 2010?

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Not unless my job situation improves dramatically.... it's a lot of $$$$ to travel that far from here. I really missed not being to go last year.

redrocket1468

Reaction score
City, State
greenville
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 limited 4in.sus3in.bod
are you still located in simp sc

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State