Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gerald Jarrett - Simpsonville, SC 2nd gen offroad - Herc

'99 EddieBauer 4x4 SOHC aka "Herc"

101hercatgatekeeper.jpg

The Gatekeeper, Rubicon trail, CA

101Sedona1.jpg

Broken Arrow trail, Sedona, AZ

101HolyCross14.jpg

Holy Cross trail, CO

101SteelbenderAir.jpg

Steelbender trail, Moab UT

101Descent2.jpg

The Slabs, Llano River in Texas

Powertrax NoSlip Lockers front and rear
K&N AirFilter / Drilled Airbox and Gibson catback exhaust
Missing Anti-Swaybars
4.5" Lift: Torsion Twist / F150 Leaf + Warrior Shackle Lift + 3" Body Lift
35" Goodyear MTR tires
OME and Gabriel VST shocks
4.88 gears
Custom Rocksliders

101HercOnUpper2.jpg

Tellico, NC

101Upchuck.jpg

Honeymoon in Moab, 2004

101gerald_1.jpg

Rattler Trail, Paragon Adventure Park, PA

101OceanoDunes4.jpg

Oceano Dunes SVRA, Pismo Beach, CA

Herculined rocker panels, WAAG Aero Front Brushguard & Manik Taillight Guards, and Hootus Dead Link Removed
PIAA 520 black fogs
SURCO safari rack
"Whitewater" Custom Side Graphics and Zaino Finish
A Really Scarred-up Undercarriage & Well-Used Skidplates
Cobra 75 SX/WT CB-in-Mike System
"Texas Kleenex Box" Dead Link Removed
CatchAll Mats
And the EB Luxuries; + real woodgrain dash/console/armrests, cellphone center, etc.
And a bunch of other stuff.

101HercCreek.jpg

George Washington Nat'l Forest, VA

PhotoByRick.jpg

Badlands Offroad Park, Attica, IN

101GoldenCrackHerc.jpg

Golden Crack, Golden Spike Trail, Moab UT

And one of my (pre-rockslider) Whoops
1011stClaytonWhoops2.jpg

Lost Timberline trail, Clayton OK
$$$Ka~Ching! Dead Link Removed

Official member of the Rollover Posse Dead Link Removed

101HellsGateAir.jpg

Hell's Gate: Hell's Revenge trail, Moab, UT

:scratch: "What the heck is he doing out here in that thing?" :scratch:

moab_geraldlion2.jpg

Lion's Back, Moab UT
They told me the soccer field was up here somewhere.... dangit!... Got lost again....

:bounce: Looky here and click on this link! Herc is a Featured Explorer now! :bounce:
http://www.explorer4x4.com/gjarrett.html

Happy Trails To All!
Gerald
gerald@explorerforum.com
<{{{><

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x u got there gjarrett

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey GJarrett, I have to admit that Herc is one of "hero" Explorers. :salute: One of the ones that makes me desire to make mine more trailworthy. I love the fact that your Ex is able to constantly show up the J**pers, some of those J**p owners get pretty ****y about their rigs. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wanted to ask you how exactly you did the fender trimming with the Eddie Bauer fender flares. You said you were able to mask the trimming with them so I am assuming that there are somewhat flexible and are able to be bent into a different position easily? I have the TT/Shackle lift and possibly a body lift (and if I do that some 33's) planned for the not too distant future. I have an XLT not the Eddie Bauer however the fender flares are exactly the same. Like you, I want to keep a somewhat stock look because I really like the look of the trim that is currently on my Ex.

Thanks in advance.

Nah, I didn't bend them but I did carefully cut out the secondary lip that makes the flares about one inch farther down. There's no way to keep the full flares with 35's and the amount of lift mine has. With 33's you can carefully trim the inside of the flares and keep the stock look.

that is a nice build Gerald... inspired me to start working on my newly acquired 98... although it's gonna be another month till I get to it.

How's the front locker been working for you so far? Is Powertrax still the only unit that can be installed up there?

thanks!

:thumbsup:

Good to hear from you Dre.... I believe I saw you very briefly talking to Rick back when we did the 10th Anniversary Attica run but I didn't know who you were so I kept drving on, and then you left before I figured it out.

The front locker still works great. I haven't kept up with it, but I believe I remember hearing that even Powertrax quit building them.... you may have a hard time getting one. Maybe someone can chime in that knows.

no locker for the front? I'll start looking...

and yeah, we met in Attica...

Need a just married picture! Sorry i wrote it like a$$ back when i did. I was only 16 at the time. :)

DSCF3748.jpg

It's crazy to look back at old pics. Memories i'll never forget..

You deff. have a sweet ex, I just read through a bunch of stuff you wrote about your truck and makes me think that the IFS is strong enough for the light wheeling I do and makes me more confident in the TT.

Anybody know if my rear and front gear ration needs to match? I am thinking of switching to a powertrax in the read of my 00 EB with high 4.xx gear set as i am planning on moving up in tire size as soon as my wife is away for a weekend.

hmmmmmmmm thats peculiar thing to post in Gerralds Explorer registry

Yes your gear ratios must always match in a 4x4, unless you are running different tire sizes front /rear LOL

Nice Explorer Gerrald! will we see you in Moab 2010?

Not unless my job situation improves dramatically.... it's a lot of $$$$ to travel that far from here. I really missed not being to go last year.

are you still located in simp sc

Back