Get 2020 Deal or wait? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Get 2020 Deal or wait?

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Wondering how they're able to give you all the rebates, along with 0% financing. I thought it was one or the other, not both.

You are correct.. the ford rebates were one or the other. They had a "dealer discount" that was $9750. Then the Ford discounts after that.

I ended up passing on the deal... This dealership has to be the most dishonest I've ever ever dealt with. I went a few rounds with them and walked away because I had no patience for deception. They lure you end with a sale price that is great.. but the "dealer discounts" changed with each minute. I even told them I would pay cash at the original deal price and they added a few thousand of "dealer installed accessories" to the price.

The funniest thing was one accessory-- " Spray in Bedliner - $799". I asked the sales manager were are they spraying the bedliner... He then came back with the sheet saying "environmental protection package - $799". I was done at that point. Have no patience for dishonesty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Usually is one or the other but right now Ford has $2,500 + 0% for 60 or 72 months (depending on location) and another $1,000 trade in assistance (but this is easily muddied into the deal with a trade as a dealer can play with trade pricing knowing this rebate exists). I don't believe anyone is truly offering $13k off AND 0%. There is currently about $5,000 between msrp and the dealer's true cost before applying rebates. Another $8 on top of that is next to impossible

Yes! You are correct! It was bait and I fell for it. I would rather a dealer be honest about it but some are stuck in the old ways of car sales.

In Canada right now there are no programs on the 2021 so if you're looking for a deal in Canada I would go with a 2020.
Ford Lease financing is 3.99% on 2021's, Zero on 2020's

Tomorrow the November programs will be released Im praying for a little help!

I'd look for one that was produced later in the 2020 run, the first 3-4 months are the ones that seem to have the most issues due to a rushed launch.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Wondering how they're able to give you all the rebates, along with 0% financing. I thought it was one or the other, not both.

Your take on the rebates and financing deal is normally correct. I figure that it's due to the slow year every one has had due to COVID. The 21s are coming so they have to get the 20s off the lot. It's much better to lose a couple thousand on a product than to have it sitting around in inventory not repaying anything. Looking at the rebates, I'm thinking they aren't really losing anything on the sales, it's probably still a small profit.

Look at the price different between a top of the line Explorer and the base model. It's something like 20-30k more for the fully loaded over the cost of a base model. Do you really think the extras cost that much to add on?

I was planning to buy an Explorer next spring. I normally take out a small short term loan to get any Ford financing rebates then pay it off within a month or two . I stumbled across the finance and rebate deals Ford was offering and decided if I wait it would cost me more in the bottom line for the SUV and in taxes, so I bought now. That 0% financing is great. It allows me to keep my funds fully invested earning money instead of paying off the car to avoid interest. This further lowers the cost.

Your take on the rebates and financing deal is normally correct. I figure that it's due to the slow year every one has had due to COVID. The 21s are coming so they have to get the 20s off the lot. It's much better to lose a couple thousand on a product than to have it sitting around in inventory not repaying anything. Looking at the rebates, I'm thinking they aren't really losing anything on the sales, it's probably still a small profit.

Look at the price different between a top of the line Explorer and the base model. It's something like 20-30k more for the fully loaded over the cost of a base model. Do you really think the extras cost that much to add on?

I was planning to buy an Explorer next spring. I normally take out a small short term loan to get any Ford financing rebates then pay it off within a month or two . I stumbled across the finance and rebate deals Ford was offering and decided if I wait it would cost me more in the bottom line for the SUV and in taxes, so I bought now. That 0% financing is great. It allows me to keep my funds fully invested earning money instead of paying off the car to avoid interest. This further lowers the cost.

So how much discount did you get in rebates combined with the 0% rate? I'm debating waiting mainly because I want sync 4 and I expect an improved infotainment screen for 2022. But if an amazing deal comes along, I'd consider.

So how much discount did you get in rebates combined with the 0% rate? I'm debating waiting mainly because I want sync 4 and I expect an improved infotainment screen for 2022. But if an amazing deal comes along, I'd consider.
You can get 5-6k off in rebates and discounts alone, plus negotiate down 1-2k depending on how much the dealer wants to work with you. I got 8k off on my 2020 Platinum. Like I previously said, on one hand I really want Sync 4, but considering they’re dropping it into the new Edge and F150s this year, I suspect it will be a pretty easy swap as time goes on, just as the upgrade to Sync 3 has become very simple in recent times.

I would say at this point, for a remaining 2020 Explorer, you should be shooting for at least 20% off of MSRP, especially since the 2021's have a lower MSRP compared to the 2020's.

Here's a 2020 Platinum near me with an MSRP of $61,035 that's listed for $48,367.

I would say at this point, for a remaining 2020 Explorer, you should be shooting for at least 20% off of MSRP, especially since the 2021's have a lower MSRP compared to the 2020's.

Here's a 2020 Platinum near me with an MSRP of $61,035 that's listed for $48,367.

Yeah, but it looks like this was a service loaner with 500 miles on it and in that deal you have to trade in one of your cars to get 2k off. Did you read the details before posting?

Yeah, but it looks like this was a service loaner with 500 miles on it and in that deal you have to trade in one of your cars to get 2k off. Did you read the details before posting?

Yes, you're right, I did not read all the details. My bad. Please disregard my posting.

I think total rebate was something like $3500 plus the 0% financing. On top of the rebates the dealership had their own discounts, plus I got a high value (almost KBB retail) on my trade in.

20% off MSRP seems like a pipe dream. We went with a 2020 ST a couple weeks ago. In working with nearly a dozen dealers, including having a private cash offer, 13% off was the best I could do. We ended up paying a little more for a different color/option combination, but I can't see 20% even being remotely feasible.

Back