• Register Today It's free!

Get Mom To Buy Explorer!!!!

privetryan89

Reaction score
City, State
Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT 4.0 SOHC
My Mother has a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I hate it. Right now its giving us a lot of problems. My dad and I both want her, if she gets a new car, to get an Explorer. She wants to get another Jeep. Give me some ideas on how to convince her to join my dad and I in our love for Explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tell her the jeeps are made of plastic. The taillight guards, are plastic. The bumpers are plastic. The interiors are cheap and feel like crap. They feel mechanically unsafe, and look like they were meant for nothing more than to sit on a showroom floor.

Perhaps the drive lines are plastic too...
The new jeeps just don't feel nice. Thats all I have to say.

Tell her jeeps suck, there a health hazard, and show her some explorers!! ha

Picture018.jpg

Actualy, idk. They both have their ups and downs. its personal preference. I prefer the explorers because they are bigger, stronger and look sharper, and seem more reliable then the ones people i know have.:salute: Good luck and may the force be with you!

Foot room, head room...

(problem #1)

Tell her your feet keep getting caught up in the pedals... bump your head (very, very lightly) on the door entrance and tell her that it wouldn't happen in an Ex. But most of all, if she's happy with her Jeep, you and dad keep your Ex. Where's dad? Tell him to chime in...

(problem #2)

If mom is happy with a Jeep, let it be.

mom will win if she has set her mind to the jeep...

Sadly..... Jeeps are only good for offroad, and they still cant beat the Samuri!! HA, a heep, i mean jeep! :rolleyes:

1.jpg

What a coinkidink, right by its home, (and ours) a gas station......:eek:

Why would she want another HEEP when she is having problems with the one she has?

I would just go buy my wife an Expo and tell her if she wanted to leave, here are the keys and I would go to work.:D

Go find a Delta Sonic car wash and with your mom standing next to you ask about a code 3.

Apparently Cherokees have an idle problem were if they can randomly accelerate very fast. Delta Sonic has had multiple accidents with them so they are a huge saftey hazard there. (I worked there for 11 months, what a bad choice)

I know a guy that worked for Jeep for years and he actually confirmed it. And it is with all years and models of Cherokees to so its never completely safe to buy one.

:usa:See the problem is that my dad is one of those guys that will spend alot of money on a car and try to fix it even if it time to let it go. We are only fixing it so that my mum will be happy. But I'm trying to sneek in the idea of an Explorer and my Dads all for it but he also thinks that when he done working on the Heep, we will have no more problems (which is what he said few weeks/hundred dollars ago).
Have any of you guys ever looked under a Heep. It's all stamped metal that is spot welds every couple of inches. Also the metal is cheep. ****, I could break it in half. That whats nice about Explores, they aren't made from cheap parts. :yelexp:

rent a nice ex and have her drive it for a day or two...

...rule #1 = if mom ain't happy, nobody's happy...:p:

...what you need to do is find an X for you and your dad, (say a first generation 91-94 4x4), for a project vehicle and let her have her jeep...time will tell...:D

The problem with a project car is that we all ready have one (1985 Fiero GT). It been a project car for 5 years because mom will not dish out any money to fix it. Renting one isn't such a bad idea.

tell her Jeeps carry the AIDS virus.

Listen to Dad...

:usa:See the problem is that my dad is one of those guys that will spend alot of money on a car and try to fix it even if it time to let it go. We are only fixing it so that my mum will be happy. But I'm trying to sneek in the idea of an Explorer and my Dads all for it but he also thinks that when he done working on the Heep, we will have no more problems (which is what he said few weeks/hundred dollars ago).
Have any of you guys ever looked under a Heep. It's all stamped metal that is spot welds every couple of inches. Also the metal is cheep. ****, I could break it in half. That whats nice about Explores, they aren't made from cheap parts. :yelexp:

If you want the Ex just take mom to the dealership and let her check them out... if she can resist, then it's not for her.

(I thought you and dad wanted her to get an Ex?) Anyway, if pops is willing to go through all of that to keep mom's Jeep, that's a tough sell... Is the dog house big enough for dad? That's why he's investing so much time and effort, maybe mom digs pop doing all of that for her... love.

Back to the Ex, just put your foot down and let mom know that she's not safe in the vehicle if it has so many problems... she could get stuck somewhere and then dad would have to come and rescue her... love. This is a novela!

What doesn't your mom like about Exs?

My dad wants an explorer but does want to pay for a new car while me and my sister are getting ready for college next year.(Go RMU!!!) What she doesn't like is that she thinks the explorer it to big. My explorer is smaller than he jeep and she still thinks its to big. Slowly she coming over.

My explorer is smaller than he jeep and she still thinks its to big. Slowly she coming over.

Smaller than what Jeep? Explorers are larger than Grand Cherokees. First and second gen. Explorers are deceptively larger than they seem. But not enough difference between them and a Grand Cherokee to make a difference in my opinion though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^ I agree. Im a drummer, and i hauled 8 Bass drums ranging from like 14 inch to 26 in, harness' and a 13 inch snare, my buddy with a grand Heep could bearly get the 26 in his car

Back