• Register Today It's free!

Getting a Sport!!!

Kirby Baker

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Well I was waiting until the 2014 order bank opened up, and happened to notice a new 2013 coming to a local dealer. Called and it was not spoken for (dealer order) so I put money down on it. Supposed to delivery end of the week. Cant wait!

2013 Sport:
White Platinum Metallic
Charcoal interior
402A equipment group
All weather mats
Dual panel moonroof
Trailer Tow
Cargo shade
X-Plan plus it sounds like $1500 of rebates!

Going to get some HID's in the near future if I am not happy with the halogens, and one of those shark fin antennas if the factory antenna hits my garage door (likely will).

CANT WAIT!!!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I was waiting until the 2014 order bank opened up, and happened to notice a new 2013 coming to a local dealer. Called and it was not spoken for (dealer order) so I put money down on it. Supposed to delivery end of the week...

Awesome news, Kirby Baker! If you need something to distract you while you wait for your Explorer, you can spend some time checking out the goodies at http://owner.ford.com. You can download free copies of your Owner's Manual and other important vehicle documents.

Let us know when your new Explorer arrives home and be sure to post lots of pictures!

Crystal

Well I was waiting until the 2014 order bank opened up, and happened to notice a new 2013 coming to a local dealer. Called and it was not spoken for (dealer order) so I put money down on it. Supposed to delivery end of the week. Cant wait!

2013 Sport:
White Platinum Metallic
Charcoal interior
402A equipment group
All weather mats
Dual panel moonroof
Trailer Tow
Cargo shade
X-Plan plus it sounds like $1500 of rebates!

Going to get some HID's in the near future if I am not happy with the halogens, and one of those shark fin antennas if the factory antenna hits my garage door (likely will).

CANT WAIT!!!! :D

Congrats Kirby!! You will be very happy with your Explorer Sport. You have picked one of the best colors for the Sport. Before I got mine I was trying to decided between the Red or White Platinum Tri-Coat and I went with the white. My Sport is also fully loaded and with all the accessories that I can think of. Hope your dealer gets it soon.

Here are some pictures of mine,

ExplorerSport24_zps10fd1bc7.jpg

ExplorerSport23_zpscf792060.jpg

ExplorerSport22_zpscfb94721.jpg

ExplorerSport26_zpsef96988d.jpg

ExplorerSport21_zpsa65f26e0.jpg

Wow, what a day. In the mail when I got home was another Ford $750 private cash coupon!!! I'm pretty sure my old one expired in Vincent a while back, so this helps out!

Thanks for the pictures of my car (less the running boards). How are those? Are they more "show" or can an adult actually stand on them without issue? I've seen the install directions for the boards so I was a little concerned if they actually can hold the weight of an adult stepping on them. You did 8000k HID's too right? I'll probably do 5000K.

Wow, what a day. In the mail when I got home was another Ford $750 private cash coupon!!! I'm pretty sure my old one expired in Vincent a while back, so this helps out!

Thanks for the pictures of my car (less the running boards). How are those? Are they more "show" or can an adult actually stand on them without issue? I've seen the install directions for the boards so I was a little concerned if they actually can hold the weight of an adult stepping on them. You did 8000k HID's too right? I'll probably do 5000K.

I believe these running boards can hold up to 300lbs. I am 6'1' and weight 180lbs and have no problems stepping or standing on them. The brackets on these boards are made of a very heavy and thick steal. As fas as the HID lights i did go with the 8000k's because they are still bright enough for me with a little hint of blue. You cant go wrong with either one.

Another $750!!

@ Kirby -- I received one of those via email -- but mine expired -- and of course nobody knows anything about how to get me a new one. I had to order my Sport -- on the way -- dealer says the 13th of March -- but I'm not telling anyone yet -- if it is on time it will be a great surprise for my fiancee!

@ Crystal -- I know that you're always trolling through these posts -- what's the deal with the $750 coupon -- can you help me change the expiration date on mine?

Congrats Kirby -- make sure you post some pics and tell everyone what you think of your new ride when you get it.

Coupon

@GeeGnome- We managed to get our coupon when we ordered a brochure online through the mail. Try it and see if you get in time before your sport gets there.

Well, she arrived at the dealer last night! And wouldnt you know it, horrible snow storm today and tomorrow with freezing rain and lots of snow coming. UGH!

...@ Crystal -- I know that you're always trolling through these posts -- what's the deal with the $750 coupon -- can you help me change the expiration date on mine?...

Hi GeeGnome,

You can get assistance with incentive questions by contacting our Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375. They'll give you the scoop on all available incentives and brochure coupons.

Well, she arrived at the dealer last night! And wouldnt you know it, horrible snow storm today and tomorrow with freezing rain and lots of snow coming. UGH!

I'm glad to hear she made it to the dealership, Kirby Baker! You'll forget all about the bad weather once your Explorer is in your driveway. :D

Crystal

T-minus 2 hours!!! :) Slightly excited.

Have no clue what I will get for trade-in value, between 4-5 sources on the internet my trade ranges from 4300 to 6700. but I have three sites showing me $6500, $6700 and $6300. Hopefully nothing wrong with the car when I get there, like scratches or paint issues, interior issues etc! Already registered the car on syncmyride.com too! :) Shows that its Sync version is 3.5.1 Gen 2 with the following updates installed:

DA5T-14D546-BB
DA5T-14D546-DB
DA5T-14F496-AH
DA5T-14F497-AJ
DA5T-14F657-AK

Cant wait to test my right foot out! Too bad the roads are crap with snow/slush today. Snow mode or normal mode? :)

Back