Getting Kaspers 1988 Bronco II back on the road | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting Kaspers 1988 Bronco II back on the road

Kasper423

Reaction score
City, State
Aurora. Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 for bronco II
Hello,
My name is Kyle. I have 1988 ford bronco II that I tipped on it its side and now has a bent a-pillar and I am not able to put a windshield in it anymore. I have found another bronco identical to mine and would like perform a body swap. or chop the top and put it a 10 pt roll cage i have found from jegs, however the roll cage is for an 88' ranger. I am not sure the cage will fit being the rangers chasis is longer from what i have read and can see. I am looking for some guidance for both directions. especially in the body swap case. like where do i start what are some good methods. ANY help is greatly appreciated. thank you Kyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am looking for the easiest cheapest fix to get back on the road

You would just have to disconnect all the electrcal and body mounts and lift the body off the frame, any reason you wouldnt put your drivetrain in the other truck? How much fabrication experience do yo have? The ranger should be pretty similar, but the cage will probably be to long, so it would require length modifications.

I dont have any fabrication experience or experience doing anything else beside basic car maintenance. and I wouldnt put the drivetrain in the new truck because I dont have the equipment to do so like lift the motor out or tranny. But I really have know idea what im doing. any suggestions of where to start? I have decided to just go for it and do it myself. got to start somewhere....

You could rent a cherry picker from a rental place or find one pretty cheap on craigslist if you have room to keep it or would like to further your mechanical knowledge. I've never removed an engine and transmission at the same time. I would imagine it would be the similar to removal of one or the other.

Back