• Register Today It's free!

getting regeared tomorrow

metstalker

Reaction score
City, State
Atl, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer XLT
i just wanted everyone to know that im finally getting rid of my rare 3.08 gears in exchange for some 3.73 thanks to leetz on this internet board. ill keep every one posted
i think ill be much happier

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You were tunning 31's on 3.08's? dear god you must have been grumpy. You will indeed be a whole lot happier. When I was on 31's I loved it when I went from 3.73 to 4.10. Not as big a change as you are doing. You will be quite content.

i hope you didnt buy those 3.73s new, im sure many of us on the board still have our stock 3.73s laying around somewhere that you coulda had for very little or no cost.

I know i have a couple sets.

thats where the thanks to leetz part comes in

alright i got her back and everything seems to be fine i just cant go over 50 miles an hour today and tomorrow i have to do a speed up to 50 and coast to 20 about 6 times and then he said it should be broken in

dont mean to start conversation in this thread, (sorry) yea i have 31's and am rolling with 3.08s. Yes it is painful. since plenty of people seem to have 3.73's let me know a cheap price. (if i need to i can go to the wanted forum) and how much would it usually cost for regearing. Thanks and congrats on your regear. -TJ

it cost about 500 if you include everything

so it would be easier just to find an 8.8 with 3.73's in it? -TJ

monkeypothrower said:
so it would be easier just to find an 8.8 with 3.73's in it? -TJ
probably would. there are even same that came with 4.10s or something like that.

But your forgetting the front axle. Need to change those to if you ever want to use the 4X4.

Back