Ghosttrain2's 1994 Explorer Rebuild - First Gen SOHC + | Page 4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Ghosttrain2's 1994 Explorer Rebuild - First Gen SOHC +

My Ex started out as a nicely equipped 1994 Explorer XLT, with the 4.0 OHV, A4LD auto,electric shift transfercase,tow package,JBL sound,limited slip rear end with 3.73 gears, and leather seats.I bought this used in 1998, with 91,000 miles, sold it in 2004, and got it back in 2006 with a rod knock. It's a twin to my son's Ex in the pictures here.

100_1077.jpg

100_1078.jpg

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ghosttrain2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Klamath Falls, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco 2 XLT
This was after I welded the '97 firewall to the '94 body. The primered areas above, and at the tunnel is where I found cracks. The gas pedal mount is to the right of the oval opening for the steering column.

I always forget to take pictures of the work done since I put it back together. I have been using the heck out of it offroad here though!

Attachments

• 100_0496.jpg
    100_0496.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 436

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Bruces expo

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Middle GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo
Wow , Nice Build , Best Of Both worlds with Add ons ! .

ghosttrain2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Klamath Falls, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco 2 XLT
Well, old thread, started this build almost 10 years ago, still performing better than I hoped. This has had no problems, and have only done maintenance work to it since. It has done great on the trails here in Nevada.

ghosttrain2

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Klamath Falls, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco 2 XLT
There will not be any further updates on this, as I have sold it, it has stayed in the family, and now belongs to my son.

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Glad to see it be passed along, and not scrapped. Hopefully your son can wrench, and do any future repairs.

Projects like these are a head scratch, for a shop to work on, as their software can't tell them what to do with it. lol

Was a very interesting build, and I enjoyed it!

Regards