Gilmer, TX 4-24-04 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gilmer, TX 4-24-04

When you guys flopped the bronco back on all four, where did you attach the cable?

Was everyone running 35's, locked front and back?

Great pics looks like fun!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats the dirtiest I have ever seen Ricks truck. Looks like you guys had a great time.

All of the trucks at this event were locked front and back. Everyone also had 35" tires. Msupertek, Rick, and myself are running 36" Swampers and Iroks.

Hey Trckmagic that is one interesting approach angle into that ditch :)
I wouldnt expect anything less from you though.

Looks like fun, if I wasnt so busy rebuilding just about everything on the BII in time for Moab I woulda made this run...

There is not enough mud on the sides of your trucks, please go back and spin your tires some more :)
I bet Msupertek wishes he had some soft windows too, hua? hahahaha

Also see rick up on the roof of his camper in that picture, let me guess he's yelling out to you guys to get him stuff, right? Plug this in there, hand me that, can you get me those, hahahaha!!!

I was trail leader on that trail. The clay was like Ice and at very steep angles. That approach angle happened from sliding down into it. Rick and I are the only ones who continued down that rivine. The rest of thr group saw the rolls and decided not to go that route.

Rick also got his first Texas layover into a tree on Friday nights night run before the rest of the group got there. He was excited about that one as it looks good :)

Ok refrase Msupertek would have tackled it no problemo but broke my front right axle due to pulling Johnstone out. I do it all baby, including the hill climb that everybody seemed to sneak away from after I done it. Bad thing is Drew got a better take at it going full throttle up the hill and actually made it through without having to winch at all. Yes I did say winch, I had to winch on a hill due to getting no traction on the slick stuff and heating up my tranny by punching it over and over again. I winched about 3 ft and then drover the rest of the way up and out. The rain made it really hard to get traction. I believe everyone out there would have ran everything and been successful if it were only dry. :eek:

My wider wheel base prevented me from having many problems I think, a lot of ravine type stuff I just walk over due to the extra 6 inches on each side.

Had to put it in, don't want anyone thinking I'm a weenie :nono: :roll: :eek: :shoot:

Hey truckmagic what about Mudduck, he told me he ran it, did he not???

After unloading the truck today, I noticed some carnage I hadn't seen yesterday.

Here's my list of carnage:
Driver's side mirror
Driver's side CV axle
Cracked the passenger side rear bed.
Broke the middle passenger bed tie downs on both sides.

Not really carnage, but I've got a big chunk of tree stuck between the rim and tire on one wheels.

Oh yeah, and DeJello scratched my front passenger fender.

Attachments

• 04240067.JPG
    04240067.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 04260001.jpg
    04260001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 04260002.jpg
    04260002.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 280

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I see a new avatar!

Attachments

• TX Rick.jpg
    TX Rick.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 348

Attachments

• rick.jpg
    rick.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 337

Who says dragsters are the only people who do wheel stands?

Attachments

• mudduck.jpg
    mudduck.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 320

Oh JOhn man those beds cant be cheap! time for the old fiberglass fix it kit? or just leave it as is?

Looks like you could use some marine grade stainless tie downs instead of those Ford plastic dude's...OUch!

The big chunk of tree stuck between my tire and rim. :eek:

Attachments

• 04240069.JPG
    04240069.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 354

Alomost but not quite, you know what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• jeff.jpg
    jeff.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 337

Before the storm Friday night.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 353

After the storm Satuday morning

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 341

.;'-;p/

Attachments

• after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 306

hahahaha Msupertek, I see some "easy to clean" seat covers in your future...that factopry cloth doesnt doo well in red clay :)

Oh man...looks like fun....

Johnstone said:
Oh yeah, and DeJello scratched my front passenger fender.

*cough* Let's see just where this damage is on mine (the dent near the front of the truck was already there). John, as I told you last night, your insurance agent is gonna be a busy person with all the people you hit. :hammer:

Attachments

• 000_0925.jpg
    000_0925.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 324

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dejello said:
*cough* Let's see just where this damage is on mine (the dent near the front of the truck was already there). John, as I told you last night, your insurance agent is gonna be a busy person with all the people you hit. :hammer:

Looks like the Sport Trac was trying to mate with the EB, don't worry he tagged my rear bumper as well.

Back