• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Gimme some of that Global Warming

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
Getting pretty sick of temps. below freezing.
Weather guy just said that we in West Mich. have had SIX HOURS of temps. above freezing (32) in the last MONTH.
This isn't right. We are usually treated with some thaws and 45 deg. temps.
Seems like a long winter already.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Willard

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
Yea we've had some really cold stuff here, too. Normal for us is around 10 to 25 degrees this time of year. We just got done with a spell of -15 to 0 degree temps. That is super cold for around here. And now we're getting a bunch of snow dumped on us as I write this.

dtl 2k2 sport

Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
lol, yeah even in the mid atlantic where we should be in the mid 40s average, we spent most of this month much below norm. Sometimes it's so hard to not wanna drive your truck into a tree and pass out till spring,, oh ,, over the top!?? Did i mention how much i hate winter! :)
Actually I've heard that gobal warming is supposed to be lil diff then comon thought. Like warmer summers/ and colder winters,,,, Someone get Al Gore! ,

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Ahhhhhh, it hasn't gone below 15 here all winter! :)

Sojourner

Reaction score
City, State
Out in the boonies, California (Homeland/Romoland)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Toyota Camry
I don't know about warmer summers and colder winters but, from what I've been told by some GWA's (global warming advocates), weather has permission to run the gambit when it comes to global warming. I mean, you can have mild summers and mild winters or warmer summers and warmer winters or cooler summers and warmer winters or cooler summers and cooler winters. It's the way they explain it, at least. Oh! It's no longer "global warming" but now you have "global climate change." Of course, it's all our fault too, you see. If it weren't for us breathing and trying to make a living, this planet would still be in an ice age. :p:

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
I just hat the give me some global warming talk the other day with some friends lol

We have had the coldest winter in a while. Been in the 0 to -5 range a few times. Mostly sayed around 30-35 deg.

dkchrist

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4DR
Colder here than normal, most days 20-30 (avg 35-40) but then on off days we break records with the heat (64 degrees last week)

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Its evolutionary, adapt and take advantage of it ;)

shamaal

Reaction score
City, State
Friensdwood, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo
49 degrees today, brrrrrrrrrrr

It's been averaging in the 60s and occasionally reaching into the 70's. I've got to go put the weed and seed on my backyard today and pick up the hoses so the mowers can mow on Thursday. :)

By way of contrast; the town I live in, Friendswood, was settled in 1885 by Quakers. they were somewhat dismayed when they got off the train and there were 2 - 3 foot snowdrifts. Snowfall that year was 15 inches.

Global warming has worked out well for us.

JTX

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
It snowed here once..

jad2411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
It used to snow over here, growing up I'd go outside and play in the snow, now we're getting 50's-60's in Dec

JTX, I was in Las Cruces on Sat last week :thumbsup: 1 hour drive from El Paso

Charlie

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
It's has been double digit below zero here quite a bit...haven't seen double digit above zero in quite some time...right now it's 9* here, and I'm walking around in just my sweatshirt:p:

I don't think I've ever seen such a cold winter before...All I'm asking, is for it to start hitting 15 or 20 during the days:(

Stang Girl

Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
49 degrees today, brrrrrrrrrrr

Global warming has worked out well for us.
We just had Blizzard 2009 here in Austin/Bastrop. :p: Cold front came in, knocked us below freezing with a little rain, and everything shut down early and opened late, except for the State. :rolleyes:

I swear these people totally freaked out here. Places were running out of firewood and people were telling the news that they were going to stay home. I think the low hit like 22 degrees. :cool:

OZexplore

Reaction score
City, State
coffs harbour n.s.w. Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98xlt
if your a little bit cold maybe you need to come to OZ
Adelaide (south oz) minimum temp last night 93 F todays max 109F yesterday was a bit warmer at 114F and it is expected to be over 100F for at least the next week

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
It badly needs to snow/rain here in California.. If it doesn't, my front and back yard lawns are dead.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Our local forecast for the next 3 days is, 75-80 with winds...:(

...We had an early good snow in the mountains here and everyone thought it would be a good winter for them...We had 3 days of drizzle last week and 80 plus temps in between...We are now looking at another drought season if the storms keep going around us...

Charlie

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
It's 19 out and sunny right now!:party:

It's a beautiful day!!

Hasn't been this nice in quite some time.

Brock94

Reaction score
City, State
Milford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Winter is tough here in the sunshine state; it was 75 F today.