girl backs-up into me | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

girl backs-up into me

Last Saturday night i was out in a parking lot talking to some people i havent talked to in a while. this girl i know, but dont like, drives over to us and parks her car. two seconds later, she saw someone that she is afraid off, throws her car into reverse, dosnt look where she is going, and backs right into the left side of the front bumper. Now the paint on that side is all screwed up, and there is a huge paint chip on the lower left side of the grill. :(

I dont know how the hell she didnt see my truck, i mean the thing was running, headlights on, neons on, and i was in it. After the whole incident happened, i flipped out on this girl soo bad that she started crying.

here is what sucks about the whole situation. This girl is saiyng that this whole thing is my fault, which it obviously isnt, and she said she is not paying for ANY damages. :fire: And to top it all off, i heard that she is laughing about this whole thing, acting like she is proud of what she did.

I cant go to the police about it because it was on private property but believe me when i say i hate this girls guts.

There is more to situation then mentioned but this is the wrong forum to talk about it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get an estimate and file in small claims court

You should still be able to call the cops even if it was on private property. Then again I may be wrong.

Just go get even with her, but make sure you do it on private property, only if thats really how it works.

Call you insurance company and report it. They'll sue her for you.

Mbrooks420 said:
Call you insurance company and report it. They'll sue her for you.

Yep go with this one. I had to do that for my g/f awhile back. Worked like a charm and it was over really quick.

There's no such thing as private property when it comes to the law, otherwise that would mean I can kill someone in my front yard and it'd be okay because it is 'private property'..

I say call the cops, report the accident, tell the cops she left the scene of the accident. She'll get into big trouble.

SilverBullet said:
There's no such thing as private property when it comes to the law, otherwise that would mean I can kill someone in my front yard and it'd be okay because it is 'private property'..

I say call the cops, report the accident, tell the cops she left the scene of the accident. She'll get into big trouble.

Damn straight, leaving the scene = getting locked up plus suspension or revokation of your license (at least in my state)

SilverBullet said:
otherwise that would mean I can kill someone in my front yard and it'd be okay because it is 'private property'..QUOTE]

THAT IS TRUE YOU JUST HAVE TO DRAG THEM INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SELF DEFENSE...

ANYWAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO I HAD A GIRL WHO HIT ME FROM BEHIND AT A STOP SIGN,DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO MY EXPLORER BUT ALOT OF DAMAGE TO HER CAR WHICH WAS REALLY OLD.
SHE JUMPED OUT AND I NEVER SEEN ANYONE BEG ME SO MUCH FOR ME NOT TO MAKE A POLICE REPORT,
I SAID TO HER SURE GIVE ME YOUR NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU TONIGHT AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.
NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MONTHS OF MY LIFE AND I SAY MONTH BECAUSE WE DEFINATLY TALKED MORE THAN ONCE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.
NOW THAT I THINK OF IT I FEEL LIKE A REAL DIRTBAG FOR WHAT I DID...
KINDA I GUESS...

You can't just kill someone in your house and say it was self defence. It wouldn't hold up. And it's true that most traffic violations aren't valid if done on private property.

In IL, alot of traffic tickets aren't applicable on private property. Also, I would still make a police report, to get it in the system and it's more documentation. Also, felony leaving the scene of an accident only applies to cases with injuries, and maybe high damage totals. Again, I think on all this... I've forgotten some of this crap from school :rolleyes: But it'll look much better that you blame her and you made the report, instead of a couple of days you hear from her insurance company...

so if you're involved in an accident in a shopping mall parking lot (which is considered private property), the cops can't get involved? that doesn't seem right.

well i got a reckless driving ticket at a shopping center one time. And cop pulls me over and gave me a ticket and he almost arrested me and almost impounded my car. But what the #### I thought cops don't hang out usually at shopping centers its considered private property but oh well.

My friend had a 1987 Bronco 2 and when he came into the Burger King Parking lot he hit a 2003 Buick LaSabra in the back end and messed both rear panels, bumber, trunk, pretty much the whole back end and There wasn't anything that the cops could do he just went home nothing could be done, He slid it was snowing out .

ChopinOn22s said:
the title of this thread made me think something else....

Yeah, if that happened to me id take action.

the letter of the law says that if cars travel there, it counts as public and policeable property unless the landowner does not wnat police involvement.....

if a cop sees you doing a burnout in your garage as they are cruising down your street, then you get a ticket for exhibition of speed.... it doesnt matter....

trust me, i know all about these laws... how many peopel do you know that have spent over 100 hours in a traffic courtroom?

If you get hit on private property the cops can't issue a ticket. They can and will file a police report. This is what you should have done in order to get the ball rolin with your insurance company.

the cops can give you a ticket, if they saw your action cuased the accident on private property.. like lets say i was in albertsons parking lot and was doing donuts and nailed a parked car and a cop acroos the street saw me, he can write me a ticket for wreckles driving, although that normally entails hauling your butt in a impounding hte car. that does not apply in this situation... some states have certain laws about reporting accidnets so be careful... here is CA, if any damage to anyone is done and it totals more then $500 it must be reported.... think of it this way, a paint scratch can easily cost more than $500

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, last friday i was going to pick up my friend and this girl pulled otu in front of me luckily i swerved enough to just scuff my car (mazda protege X was in the shop) and a little internal crack to the turn signal but she had a huge black line and some bumper damage...she drove away i followed her and she's like oh i'm sorry did i hit you...I was like damn right you hit me so i got her stuff and then she's like ok by, my sister didn't care so i didn't ever call the girl but even if that girl wants her car fixed she doesn't have my information muahuahauhauha stupid on her part never asked for it

Back