girl backs-up into me | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

girl backs-up into me

Last Saturday night i was out in a parking lot talking to some people i havent talked to in a while. this girl i know, but dont like, drives over to us and parks her car. two seconds later, she saw someone that she is afraid off, throws her car into reverse, dosnt look where she is going, and backs right into the left side of the front bumper. Now the paint on that side is all screwed up, and there is a huge paint chip on the lower left side of the grill. :(

I dont know how the hell she didnt see my truck, i mean the thing was running, headlights on, neons on, and i was in it. After the whole incident happened, i flipped out on this girl soo bad that she started crying.

here is what sucks about the whole situation. This girl is saiyng that this whole thing is my fault, which it obviously isnt, and she said she is not paying for ANY damages. :fire: And to top it all off, i heard that she is laughing about this whole thing, acting like she is proud of what she did.

I cant go to the police about it because it was on private property but believe me when i say i hate this girls guts.

There is more to situation then mentioned but this is the wrong forum to talk about it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

davidmmm69 said:
SilverBullet said:
otherwise that would mean I can kill someone in my front yard and it'd be okay because it is 'private property'..QUOTE]

THAT IS TRUE YOU JUST HAVE TO DRAG THEM INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SELF DEFENSE...

ANYWAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO I HAD A GIRL WHO HIT ME FROM BEHIND AT A STOP SIGN,DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO MY EXPLORER BUT ALOT OF DAMAGE TO HER CAR WHICH WAS REALLY OLD.
SHE JUMPED OUT AND I NEVER SEEN ANYONE BEG ME SO MUCH FOR ME NOT TO MAKE A POLICE REPORT,
I SAID TO HER SURE GIVE ME YOUR NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU TONIGHT AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.
NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MONTHS OF MY LIFE AND I SAY MONTH BECAUSE WE DEFINATLY TALKED MORE THAN ONCE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.
NOW THAT I THINK OF IT I FEEL LIKE A REAL DIRTBAG FOR WHAT I DID...
KINDA I GUESS...

Can you ellaborate on this situation? Sounds like the person didn't have insurance or a license or something (to me, more reason to bust them)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1996Limited said:
If you get hit on private property the cops can't issue a ticket. They can and will file a police report. This is what you should have done in order to get the ball rolin with your insurance company.

This is Correct, depending on your State. Cops cant enforce state statute laws on private property, such as Window tint or an object hanging from your rearview mirror and they cant issue a citation for driving without insurance or Driving after revocation. DWI and Wreckeless are the only two that I can think of that can be enforced on private property, in my state.

What they can enforce, on private property, are city ordinances. If you do a burn out in a parking lot or are speeding they can usually tag under exibition driving.

The bad thing about your situation now is that you didnt get a police report right away. A lot of departments are shying away from taking a hit and run report, (without any witnesses) unless they are reported the day of if incident. But I guess in your case, seeing that you were there and have witnesses it wont be a problem.

that my .02

Ryan

jimabena74 said:
if a cop sees you doing a burnout in your garage as they are cruising down your street, then you get a ticket for exhibition of speed.... it doesnt matter....

thats not true. you said it yourself, unless the land owner allows it, the cops cant do anything. so if you on your own property, you can drive however you like, whatever you like, and as fast as you like.

on the other hand, if someone has an accident on private property, the police have the authority to make a report.

oh, and for the moron who said you can kill someone in your own house and call it self defense, that was the dumbest thing i ever heard. in most states, homocides usually lead to investigations and trials by jury.

davidmmm69 said:
SilverBullet said:
otherwise that would mean I can kill someone in my front yard and it'd be okay because it is 'private property'..QUOTE]

THAT IS TRUE YOU JUST HAVE TO DRAG THEM INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SELF DEFENSE...

ANYWAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO I HAD A GIRL WHO HIT ME FROM BEHIND AT A STOP SIGN,DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO MY EXPLORER BUT ALOT OF DAMAGE TO HER CAR WHICH WAS REALLY OLD.
SHE JUMPED OUT AND I NEVER SEEN ANYONE BEG ME SO MUCH FOR ME NOT TO MAKE A POLICE REPORT,
I SAID TO HER SURE GIVE ME YOUR NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU TONIGHT AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT.
NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MONTHS OF MY LIFE AND I SAY MONTH BECAUSE WE DEFINATLY TALKED MORE THAN ONCE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.
NOW THAT I THINK OF IT I FEEL LIKE A REAL DIRTBAG FOR WHAT I DID...
KINDA I GUESS...

LOOOOOOOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

devildoy45 said:
thats not true. you said it yourself, unless the land owner allows it, the cops cant do anything. so if you on your own property, you can drive however you like, whatever you like, and as fast as you like.

on the other hand, if someone has an accident on private property, the police have the authority to make a report.

oh, and for the moron who said you can kill someone in your own house and call it self defense, that was the dumbest thing i ever heard. in most states, homocides usually lead to investigations and trials by jury.

this is where the term 'offroad use only" applies. how else would a dragstrip work, or car shows that do burnout contests.

you should always report anyaccident right away, because after that is all hearsay(he said, she said), and the cops can file charges for hit and run, also its the owners discretion as to police involement,( found that out the hard way riding my bike in a shopping center, pissing off the rent a cops.) and if you dont file a police report, there is no way of proving that anyone hit you. if that was the case you could have bought the car wrecked and said it was a hit and run and get it fixed. thats why insurance companies dont support those cases, unless there was a police report.

TSTONE said:
get an estimate and file in small claims court
I'm doing that on my 65 that was totaled (spelling?) They offered me 3700, we paid 3,900 and dumped over 1200 in it. The KBB and NADA start my car value off at 4,750 and stop at 11,000.....needless to say this is my firt time suing and I am actually excited about that. At least its not like i'm suing for McDonald's making me a fat ass.... :D Good luck getting her to pay for your truck...

Now, I would neeeeever advocate filing a false police report just for the sake of revenge... BUT... what if the police were called and toled that it was an act of vandalism or even bullying. Lets face it. theres no way you could know what she was thinking at the time she "DELIBERATELY rammed her car into yours as an act of intimidation." And maybe you didn't file a police report right away because of fear of retaliation. MAYBE, she even threatened you. MAYBE, she gave you threatening glances that caused imotional distress. I'm not saying to falsify anything. I just think someone who is that calous about VANDALIZING your property could benefit from a little judicial humbling. :)

Back