GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT SIZE WHEEL AND TIRE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT SIZE WHEEL AND TIRE

Ok

I want to get Cobra R Wheels for my 93 X and my concern was that I hear so many things like for example ground size, point this point that, and that's what I don't understand. I always thought that switching rims was an easy thing to do. But it probably is. But your help would be really appreciated. Now I want to get Cobra R Rims, but would I have to get rid of my tires because of the size rim?? and if you got any other suggestions on another type of rim with tires and prices, all are welcome. Basically, changing my rim would make me feel happy, you know just to get rid of my stock ones. Any rim with tire fit is welcome. Thank you..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get whatever you want. If you don't want to buy new tires match up with the size you have now which is a 15" wheel with 5 on 4.5 lug pattern and a 4.5" backspacing. If you want to go with a different size wheel just watch your lug pattern and backspacing then pic a tire that will fit. You are right there realy isn't much to it, but the options are endless.

yeap, it's a 4 wheel drive.. Why?? Is there a requirement??

I'm guessing he's wondering if the hubs will fit through the wheel bolt holes......I'm pretty sure you should be fine though....

Thats exactly what i was wondering, and i dont think they will fit unless you cut. Send a PM or an email to 4wheelin. He will know best, hes got a 93 sport with rims.

tire size

whats a good size tire for 17's or 18's that ends up slightly larger in diameter than the stock 235/75/r15?

Back