Giving Your Taillights a face lift for around $10 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Giving Your Taillights a face lift for around $10

Delaware inspection is done by Del-DOT by the federal DOT rules as far as safety equipment, and the cops do as well, it may be OK with your state and local police or inspection but it is not legal by DOT, and if you get a gung ho, armed revinue agent, like we have here then they can get you, its kinda like pot in the so called legal states, the federal standard trumps all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For some reason, I don't like it..
I always liked cars/trucks that had the good old Red, Orange and White tail lights.

Everyone has their own opinion.
But it does look very clean/original.

Picked these up for my Gen II for $45.00(I think, may have been 35.00) with the clear lens on top also. I use a silver tinted bulb (similar to the old Silverstars)that flashes amber.

TheX011_zpsb79d0b06.jpg

Found them on e-bay little over a year ago. Looked for them now and I couldn't find a set. Should have bought a back up set. :(

Did the exact same thing on mine with black tint instead of red.

Delaware inspection is done by Del-DOT by the federal DOT rules as far as safety equipment, and the cops do as well, it may be OK with your state and local police or inspection but it is not legal by DOT, and if you get a gung ho, armed revinue agent, like we have here then they can get you, its kinda like pot in the so called legal states, the federal standard trumps all

Wow. Basically in Texas so long as they work the way their suppose to and/or are DOT approved you're north of the good side. I would guess 90% of the inspection stations here don't know if Ford ran tri-color or dual color tails on Explorers/Rangers/Sports, so as long as they work..... Heck, the guy who did my inspection yesterday said he was 6 years old when my truck was built.

That looks good

Back