Glamis in February | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glamis in February

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So where are all the people that like to go fast?? I know Froader does. Where's white96x, Gopher, Big Dave, etc., etc....? Nobody else wants to go?

thats what i was wongering too. i figured they would chime in and say something :scratch:

oh well, this won't be the last glamis trip i plan, so maybe next time i'll try a little harder to reach the go-faster's

come come Sean. just walk outside and look at your car, you'll se that its begging you to go to the desert. put off the l/t saving for one weekend and do what's meant to be done with your car, have some fun :cool:

riding the AMF Big Deal? :p:

come come Sean. just walk outside and look at your car, you'll se that its begging you to go to the desert. put off the l/t saving for one weekend and do what's meant to be done with your car, have some fun :cool:

Its not really the money issue. We are starting the whole cleanout of my Grandma's house who passed away in November. Im not sure what weekend though,.

I might be in Ocotillo riding bikes that weekend, not sure yet though.

Well if you dont go to Ocotillo, then come to Glamis. It's not that much farther.

looks like me and jim are meeting up with boomer and caravaning down there. so the caravan is open to anyelse who wants to go

I might be interested in stopping by, but without the ranger. How would a stock height Super Duty diesel on 31" A/Ts do out there?

So...is that a good thing or a bad thing? :scratch:

I think you'll be all right out there......got the body damage fixed Sho?:D

I think you'll be all right out there......got the body damage fixed Show?:D

Should be out of the shop this Friday.:thumbsup:

Show, you probably won't be able to do much more than the sand highway. That bad chicken is too heavy for the softer stuff.

I know I can't do soft stuff, since the every time I've gotten it stuck has always been in soft slickery mud in someone's backyard (i.e. my parent's house or Matt's house). :rolleyes:

aww sorry to hear that sean, take care of what you gotta do though.

sho, you'll be fine with a stock truck. there's so many stockers playing around out there form little baby size to giant size. the only problem you'll have is hills. but you can pick and choose what you want to do when your out there, and we'll help pull you out if we have to.

your truck's 4wd? with stock size rims? you should be fine. the trucks i see getting stuck the most are disco lifted 2wd trucks on 22's and full tire pressure

Last time at pismo i saw a dodge ram quad cab dually with relatively small tires, just cruising over the dunes no problem. So you should be ok.

And plans for me changed for the better, i'll be leaving straight from LB around 530 PM, so i'll still get out there late, but not as late as expected. :D Caaaan't wait!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you have the power, paddle tires are the best :D

Back