GLAMIS or THaven Nov28th through Dec1st | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GLAMIS or THaven Nov28th through Dec1st

Xplodor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
If anyone is interested, I meet a group of my friends in Glamis over ThanksGiving weekend. If possible I'd like to get some Explorers together to play in the sand.

If some Explorers are going to be at Truckhaven maybe we can do Glamis on Friday and Truckhaven Saturday. Either way it should be lots of fun.

Let me know if anyone is headed to Glamis or wants to join me so we can get together for some fun in the sand. Same for Truckhaven, let me know if anyone plans on being out there that weekend.:bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning on T-haven for T-day weekend. I'd love to do Glamis some time, but I'd rather it not be then. Been there, done that, got the "I survived Thanksgiving at Glamis" T-shirt. :rolleyes:

I'll be at Truckhaven also:D

:bounce: Me too! :bounce:

Me 3:D :D :D :D

I'm shooting for tbird weekend at thaven too..

Originally posted by tdavis
I'm shooting for tbird weekend at thaven too..
With your rig?

Originally posted by RangerX
With your rig?

Yup. Going to double stuff it this weekend, once that's done, it's going to go QUICK!

:D

YES! Even if I have to tow it around.:frustrate If I can't drive it I'll park it and sleep in it.:D

Dude, I think I f*ed up my truck. My wheels are like / \ and toed out. :mad:

What number did you call superlift at, I think I need a new spindle. :fire:

Alllllrrrriiiggghhhhttt!!! Join the club man!! Haha...nah just kidding man I totally feel for you. So you bent your spindle huh? That sounds kinda whack to me man. Did you jump it at all? Hmmm. Well here's the number anyways. 800-551-4955 I got it out the superlift must die thread. They were real cool about it so don't worry about getting them to replace anything. Tell me more about your misfortunes dude. I'm gonna go pick up my axle today so I'll be feeling my way through the dark when I install it tomorrow morning by my self, or someone else who knows nothing about it.

Maybe yah just knocked the biotch out of alignment. Something to think about. My tires out like that too / \ in the rear! How do ya like them apples. I dont like them very much. Let me know how it goes

Call me, maybe i'll have time to help out. Do you need my springs? I talked to Neil last night, he's waiting for your call.

more damage...

Well, Sorry I didn't see your post before I installed it but oh well. We got that thing in there on saturday; took about 8 hours. Not bad for not knowing what we were doing. What sucks though is I bled my brakes, but there was no pressure in the lines. Turns out one of the hard lines above the gas tank snapped and needs replacin. Dropped it off at big o and they are going to charge an arm and a leg, but taking it there unearthed the other problems.

Before, the rear axle was bent so I replaced it.=huge pita

Now, front beams are bent, centerlink for steering may be bent, radius arm bushings arm shot, and the u-joint in the middle of the front axle is blown out.

I will replace with bent beams and custom radius arms, but still, this is a massive load of cash.
camburg bent beams-1200
custom heimed radius arms-?

So whatsup with your rig ron? I'll call neal soon and let him know whats happenin. I'm going to have to work my ass off to be able to pay for this ****.

Oh, and I crushed the other spring perch in the rear

:rolleyes:

Damn. Well after spending $169.00 for an alignment, balancing all 4 tires and rims, and a broken wheel stud, the truck rides a lot better. BUT I have a lot of play on my front driveshaft so now I need to replace that. This is getting to be an expensive hobby again.:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did you do??? And whats a wheel stud. Just be happy you don't have to pay 1000+ right now:eek: This sucks. I've got so many people right now telling me that an explorer isn't meant for offroading and why don't you get a jeep or a dune buggy or something that isn't your daily driver. Then I say to my mom, I want to buy my friends 96 xr250 dirtbike off him for 650 and she's like NO its too dangerous blah blah blah blah. bs

Back