Glen's lifted first gen (Pa) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glen's lifted first gen (Pa)

1994 Limited
Automatic with E1354
4.56 Gearing
Mile Marker hubs (will be changed when I find my WARN hubs)
6" Skyjacker Lift SOA in the rear
Explorer Pro Comp Shocks ES9000 with Green boots
MOOG Ball Joints

Plans right now are to put a 2nd gen rear in it and lock it.

A few pictures til I get better day shots.
0212111251.jpg

0212111633.jpg

0212111633a.jpg

0212111634.jpg

Tried flexing it a little today.
2/16/11
0216111508a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....Glad to see you bought it...:biggthump

...Subscribing..:D

welcome to the first gen addiction!

Pick this one up today? Do you now own 3 Explorers? Nice truck man! You're nuts. :D

Jay I had 2 first gen sports and loved them. And Yea Jason I have 3 now lol. Thanks for the comments.

looks good glen now you got a real wheelin rig

Nice:thumbsup:

Nice find!! :)

nice limited u got

Couple better daylight pics. That license plate is coming off the front, I don't boat lol. Tried a flex shot earlier on the spare super swampers that came with it but everything is too wet from thawing I just pushed them :p

0214111114a.jpg

0214111115.jpg

0214111116a.jpg

The 4wd shifts flawlessly it seems, but may just put this in anyway....
0209111925.jpg

Now you are ready to wheel! Looks good glen, good edition to the fleet.

I drove the truck to work Saturday for something to do, and definitely have higher rpms at 60mph than I'm use to. I am putting a new pitman arm on because the one now doesn't have enough drop to put the steering where it should be so it has too much bump steer so I will see how it handles afterwards and if needed then I will put a steering stabilizer on.

I am also planning to go look at a 1st gen sport 4x4 5spd to buy as parts truck, body is shot not worth fixing but parts for 5spd :D

so did you get the 5 spd truck?

No, haven't heard anything back and don't like to keep stopping at someones house.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well since getting this, I have replaced some things and most weren't needed but was for my peace of mind since I will haul the Lilly Pie around sometimes :D I have replaced all four ball joints, tie rod ends, tie rod, drag link, RA bushings and the pitman arm to help with steering angle. And all 4 shocks with Pro Comp ES9000. Does drive better than it did before.

Plans for maybe this summer, 2nd gen rear with Aussie or Powertrax locker. And suppose to be obtaining a D44 from a 79 F-150 for the future.....:D

Back