• Register Today It's free!

Glow guages for 95-01 Explorer?

CrazyAlaskan

Reaction score
City, State
Wasilla, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited 4wd
I was just curios if any one in here had installed or know of any type of glow guages for 95-01 Exploreres. I Would like to have a red glow rather than just regulare white numbers or a solid white backing. Whether its glowing red Numbers or a solid glowing backing, just something to that affect. If any one knows of any let me know plz :D I did a search but I dont know if im not looking in the right places but I only found a few and they were blue. Any ways any info would be nice :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could go with aftermarket gauges but when doing that make sure your looking at the right set of gauges, because I believe its 98-01 a couple of the warnings that are imbedded into the gauge cluster are in different locations than those in the 95-97 explorers. There is also this you could do, it won't change the day image of the gauges but would the night, you could take the gauges out and on the backside there is a paint or w/e you want to call it you could carefully scrape that all off the back and then get a red glass paint and paint on the back side of the gauges so when the light shows through it will glow red or w/e color you choose. But if you go that route be very careful you don't puncture through the gauge face.

Ya I was thinking of aftermarket guages :D

As far as scratching off the paint on the back side of the cluster panal I know on the focus i use to have the plastic was actually dyed green, is the explorer not like this ? mine is a 95 by the way.

you can look at http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_products-auto-Ford.htm . thats where i got mine from, but you can custom make your own.

213mdyf.jpg

28anku1.jpg

mine are in KM's but they make most of them in MPH. then if you want, you can get red L.E.D.'s off ebay for the cluster lights for the pointers and the odometer.

Ya I was thinking of aftermarket guages :D

As far as scratching off the paint on the back side of the cluster panal I know on the focus i use to have the plastic was actually dyed green, is the explorer not like this ? mine is a 95 by the way.

Its has a layer of paint or w/e you want to call it. Here I looked up the domain I had originally seen this quite awhile back. Here's the link

Cool thanks guys :D I appreciate it! I have been thinking about doing this for a while but really couldnt find much for the explorer in that department.

Back