gm 10 bolt vs dana 44 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

gm 10 bolt vs dana 44

just went elite as im going solid axle in a few months and feel that i owe it to the forum for the all the help ive received and for the help it will provide for me as i prepare for the build. ill start out with this, i have a friend who's parting out his k5 blazer and is willing to give me the gm 10 bolt with leaf springs, 4.88 gears, and any other front end components i want for free, ive done alot of work for him in the past and he just wants it gone, so im very interested. ive been reading about the differences between the gm 10 bolt and dana 44 and have found there's not much of a difference only that the d44 is slightly stronger and has more parts available. is it worth it to take up on this offer and go with the 10 bolt or just spend the money and go with the d44, has anyone used a 10 bolt under their explorer before. i'm trying to get any info i can as i'm building up for the swap.

Thats a passenger side drop, you need a drivers side drop differential.

hmm could have sworn it was a drivers side drop guess i didnt look good enough i was too happy when he said i could just take it guess i saw what i wanted to see, there goes that idea

Back