GM Is Sharing Your Driving Data With The Government | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

GM Is Sharing Your Driving Data With The Government

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Get rid of the ads!
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
. First register on the forum, then join the Elite Explorers to get rid of the ads!

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4
this is walking thin ice... it could be good to get data on hwo we drive and how to reduce congestion, but in the wrong hands/if it goes amiss... sheesh!!! glad these X's dont communicate a thing! only window to the outside is my CB 🤣. then again my computer/google is probably sharing data though, so... oh well...

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Yup. Insurance companies have the right to more of your data than I feel comfortable with. GM will surely sell this data to the highest bidder

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
Everyone is selling your data. I’m sure Ford is no better. If anything has access to the he internet, it’s absolutely mining data.

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
this is walking thin ice... it could be good to get data on hwo we drive and how to reduce congestion, but in the wrong hands/if it goes amiss... sheesh!!! glad these X's dont communicate a thing! only window to the outside is my CB 🤣. then again my computer/google is probably sharing data though, so... oh well...
Probably? I guarantee google has a file with more information on you then you’d believe.

Fix4Dirt

Get a Load O' This Guy!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4x4
Probably? I guarantee google has a file with more information on you then you’d believe.
yeah, i turn off what i can (had a nissan rental not long ago and it was sharing driving data (grr) turned ir off, hope enterprise doesnt care!) but google probably has tons of info on me, and what i do etc, so guess cars are no different :rolleyes: oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯